- Dedicated clip-on wireless transmitter for the E-TTL and E-TTL II flash system
- Wireless assist beam
- E-TTL wireless auto flash control
- High speed FP flash
Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 is a dedicated clip-on wireless flash transmitter. The transmitter is compatible with both E-TTL and E-TTL II flash systems. It also has a wireless assist beam function.
Dedicated clip-on transmitter for E-TTL/E-TTL II wireless flash system.
- E-TTL Compatible
- Built-in AF-Assist Beam
- Sets and Controls Flash Rations
- High-Speed FP Flash
- E-TTL Wireless Autoflash Control
550EX-dedicated, clip-on Speedlite transmitter with direct contacts
Type A EOS cameras (E- TTL, autoflash); Type B EOS cameras (Manual flash)
High-Speed Sync (FP flash): Enabled with high-speed sync mode
Flash Exposure Confirmation
- Before flash fires during FE lock Adequate flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon lit in the viewfinder. Insufficient flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon blinking in the viewfinder.
- 2. After flash fires ST-E2's flash confirmation lamp lights in green for 3 sec.
AF Assist Beam
Compatible with EOS-3's 45-point Area AF and 28mm and longer lens focal lengths
Effective Range: Approx. 0.6 to 10m/2.0 to 16.5 ft along the periphery (in total darkness).
Indoors: Approx. 12-15 m/39.4 - 49.2 ft; Outdoors: Approx. 8-10 m/ 26.2-32.8 ft
Flash Ratio Control
For A:B ratio: 1:8 to 8:1, in half- step increments or 13 steps
Transmission Coverage: +/-40 degrees horizontal and +/-30 degrees vertical
Slave Operation Confirmation
With test transmission button.
*Slave A fires followed by slave B at 1/64 output.
Slave Unit SE Mode Cancellation
Cancels when the test transmission button or FE lock botton is pressed to turn on the slave unit.
2CR5 lithium battery x 1
Battery Life: Approx. 1,500 transmissions (At room temperature and with a new set of batteries)
While the power switch is set to I or HOLD, the transmission turns off automatically after about 90 sec. of non-use.
62 (W) x 51 (H) x 80 (D)mm/2.4 (W) x 3.1 (D) in
100g/3.5 oz (exluding battery)