- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Built in SD Card Recording. Record standard ProRes and RAW files to SD cards
- Micro Four Thirds Lenses. Flexible lens mount for all types of quality glass
- HDMI Output
- LANC Remote Control
Introducing the pocket sized Super 16 digital film camera that's small enough to keep with you at all times, so you'll never miss a shot! Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes™ recording and the flexibility of an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all packed into an incredibly tiny size! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records 1080HD resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files direct to fast SD cards, so you can immediately edit or color correct your media on your laptop. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is everything you need to bring cinematic film look shooting to the most difficult and remote locations, perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, music festivals, ENG, protest marches and even war zones.The digital film camera that's always with you!
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is a true high dynamic range film look camera in an extremely portable size, so now you can shoot cinema quality in situations never before possible! Imagine shooting a documentary, episodic television production, television commercial or independent film in the true quality of digital film. With its extremely compact size, you can covertly shoot important and historic events such as wars, protests and other conflict in cinema quality and get a more realistic record of the event. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is a true revolution in how you can shoot digital cinema!
Retain more image detail for more color grading power
Regular video cameras shoot limited dynamic range, which is why their pictures look like video. Digital cinema cameras have a much wider dynamic range and is the reason why high end television commercials and feature films look so beautiful.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a true film look because it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops, so your images look truly cinematic. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading!
Precision engineered with state of the art technology, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera takes all the high quality features of a professional digital cinema camera and packs them into an incredibly small size. This premium quality design features a solid magnesium alloy chassis, an MFT mount for interchangeable optics, Super 16 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless CinemaDNG RAW file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality!Flexible lens mount for all types of quality glass
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use the most incredible range of lenses. With the Super 16 size sensor you can use a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses, or use commonly available low cost Micro Four Thirds lenses and more. With full electronic control of your lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command! The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built in SD card recorder that captures stunning ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. As an open format, it's compatible with most popular NLE software so you get a digital camera that's perfectly designed for post production workflows. When you've finished recording you can easily mount the card straight into a laptop, ready for editing. You can even color grade direct from the card with the included DaVinci Resolve Lite! SD cards are commonly available and can be formatted for either HFS+ or exFAT, making them compatible with either Mac OS X or Windows.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is one of the few cameras to support true open file formats, so you're not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can't handle. You get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow.
- Effective Sensor Size : 12.48mm x 7.02mm
- Effective Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Shooting Resolutions : Lossless CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, and ProRes 422 Proxy at 1920 x 1080.
- Frame Rates : HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30.
- Dynamic Range : 13 stops
- Focus : Focus button turns on peaking, plus auto focus on active lenses.
- Iris Control : Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
- Lens Mount : Active MFT
- Screen Dimensions : 3.5" and 800 x 480 resolution.
- Screen Type : Integrated LCD.
- Metadata Support : Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
- Controls : 4 way directional controller for navigating menus and entering metadata. Push buttons for recording and transport control.
- Microphone : Integrated stereo microphone.
- Speaker : Integrated mono speaker.
- Mounting Options : 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting point on top of camera. 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount.
- Storage Type : Removable SDXC, SDHC cards.
- Storage Format : Mac OS Extended or exFAT format. SD cards can be formatted in camera, or on any Mac or Windows computer. Formatting in camera recommended.
- Storage Rates : 220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Compressed Recording Formats : Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT and ProRes 422 Proxy in QuickTime MOV. Lossless CinemaDNG RAW. Recording in 1920 x 1080 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
- HDMI Video Output : 1 x Micro HDMI Type D output.
- Analog Audio Input : 1 x 3.5mm stereo audio.
- Analog Audio Output : 1 x 3.5mm stereo jack headphone output.
- HDMI Audio Output : 2 channels 48 kHz and 24-bit.
- Remote Control : 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop. Iris Control and Focus using compatible lenses.
- Computer Interface : USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates and configuration.
- Software Included: DaVinci Resolve Lite grading software SD card for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Supported Software Applications: DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC.
- External Power : 1 x 0.7mm DC Jack for power and battery charging.
- Power : Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for EN-EL20, 12V-20V DC port for external power and battery recharging.
- Battery Life : Approximately 1 hour of continuous recording time.
- Battery Charge Time : Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes when camera is off, and approximately 2 hours when in use.
- Operating Temperature : 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature : -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity : 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Wrist Strap
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- EN-EL20 Lithium Ion Removable/Rechargeable Battery