- Revolutionary URSA Design
- Advanced URSA Mini Software
- Highly Customizable
- Cinematic 4.6K Sensor
- High Frame Rate Recording
- Stunning Ultra HD
The Blackmagic Designs URSA mini 4.6k Digital Cinema Camera is a perfectly balanced, lightweight camera that’ll be appreciated on your next production. The URSA mini uses a 4.6k Super 35 image sensor with an enormous 15 stops of dynamic range to produce high quality film. The URSA mini is perfect for those long shooting days where a compact and comfortable camera allows you to get the necessary shots in the can. Filmmakers need the ability to fully customize their camera rigs for production, the URSA mini is a great lightweight platform that can be fully customized with a wide variety of accessories. The URSA mini is available with an EF lens mount, providing you with a plethora of high quality lens options.
4.6K Super 35mm Image Sensor
The URSA mini 4.6k uses a 25.34 x 14.25mm Super35 sensor with an effective resolution of 4608 x 2592, capable of capturing 4.6k at 60fps, greater than DCI 4k resolution (HD at 120fps) with an impressive 15 stops of dynamic range. The wide dynamic range ensures detail is saved in the highlights and shadows of your image, which gives you more options in post processing and color correction. When working in Ultra HD, extra resolution can be used through de-bayering image processing to recover full color. The URSA mini is capable of recording silky smooth slow motion footage in 1080p resolution at up to 120fps. This cinema camera is capable of great low light performance with ISO 200-1600. The URSA mini uses a built in refrigeration system to keep the sensor cool for reliable filming with minimal noise.
5” Fold Out Touchscreen Monitor
The URSA mini features a high resolution 5 inch fold out touchscreen monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution that allows you to use it as a composition and framing aid. The touch screen displays and allows you to edit camera settings, playback controls, timecode, audio levels, and monitoring tools.
Camera Body and Controls
The super compact URSA mini is constructed using a rugged magnesium alloy body to keep the camera light, weighing in at 5 lbs. This camera has nine ¼”x20 threaded mounting points on the top and bottom of the camera for a wide-variety of accessory mounting options. A detachable rosette handle with control buttons comes included with the camera. The URSA mini has a high quality built-in stereo microphone with dual stereo XLR phantom power input if you want to use external microphones. The URSA mini has physical sound level adjustment knobs and audio monitoring on-screen allowing you to simplify your audio recording equipment. Whether building a feature film rig or using a run and gun minimalistic setup, the URSA mini has you covered.
The URSA mini features dual CFast 2.0 card slots that can be swapped out during recording so that you never need to stop recording. Recording speed is a quick 350mb/s.
The URSA mini includes all the input and output essentials for professional workflows:
- 4-pin XLR industry standard power connector that works with 12v to 30v external power
- Stereo XLR with Phantom Power
- 12G-SDI Out, 12G-SDI In, 3G-SDI Out
- Reference In / Timecode In
- Accessory 12V Power
- 12V Main Power
- 3.5mm Headphone
- Broadcast Lens Control Connector
The URSA mini comes with a full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio for Mac and Windows. It allows you to edit, color-grade, manage media, master and deliver your production. DaVinci Resolve gives you the capability to take full advantage of the URSA mini’s amazing image quality and wide dynamic range. DaVinci Resolve features advanced multi-layer timeline editing, powerful trimming tools and creative grading tools.
- High frame rate RAW recording and instant playback on the built in monitor
- Files can be saved in 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW for the highest possible quality or as ProRes for easy post processing with more manageable file sizes.
- The included 12G-SDI digital video interface I/O is an incredible eight times faster than HD-SDI at 12Gb/s to support clean output signals to monitors/recorders/mixers
- High quality BNC connections are multi-rate allowing the use of difference SDI cables: 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI, or 3G-SDI
- Embedded metadata – store location, camera orientation, and scene details. Metadata saved directly to video files and easily edited with on-screen keyboard.
25.34mm x 14.25mm (Super35)
4608 x 2592
4096 x 2304 (4K 16:9)
4608 x 1920 (4K 2.4:1)
4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD)
3072 x 2560 (3K Anamorphic)
2048 x 1152 (2K 16:9)
2048x1080 (2K DCI)
1920 x 1080
Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses.
Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode
5” - 1920 x 1080
LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K EF
- Turret Dust Cap
- Side Handle with LANC Cable and strap
- Power supply
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve Studio USB dongle