- World’s lightest handheld Super 35 digital film camera
- A super bright 5 inch fold out 1080 HD touch screen for on-set monitoring
- Cinematic 4K Native Resolution Sensor
- Capture incredible digital film images with 15 stops of dynamic range
- Advanced 12G-SDI
The Blackmagic Designs URSA mini 4k Digital Cinema Camera is a perfectly balanced, lightweight camera that’ll be appreciated on your next production. The URSA mini uses a 4 APS-C image sensor with an enormous 12 stops of dynamic range to produce high quality film. The URSA mini is perfect for those long shooting days where a compact and comfortable camera allows you to get the necessary shots in the can. Filmmakers need the ability to fully customize their camera rigs for production, the URSA mini is a great lightweight platform that can be fully customized with a wide variety of accessories. The URSA mini is available with an EF lens mount, providing you with a plethora of high quality lens options.
4K APS-C Image Sensor
The URSA mini 4k uses a 21.12 x 11.88mm APS-C sensor with an effective resolution of 3840 x 2160, capable of capturing 4k resolution at 60fps with an impressive 12 stops of dynamic range. The wide dynamic range ensures detail is saved in the highlights and shadows of your image, which gives you more options in post processing and color correction. The URSA 4K uses a global shutter that eliminates motion artifacts and wobble associated with rolling shutter cameras. This cinema camera is capable of good low light performance with ISO 200-800. The URSA mini uses a built in refrigeration system to keep the sensor cool for reliable filming with minimal noise.
5” Fold Out Touchscreen Monitor
The URSA mini features a high resolution 5 inch fold out touchscreen monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution that allows you to use it as a composition and framing aid. The touch screen displays and allows you to edit camera settings, playback controls, timecode, audio levels, and monitoring tools.
Camera Body and Controls
The super compact URSA mini is constructed using a rugged magnesium alloy body to keep the camera light, weighing in at 5 lbs. This camera has nine ¼”x20 threaded mounting points on the top and bottom of the camera for a wide-variety of accessory mounting options. A detachable rosette handle with control buttons comes included with the camera. The URSA mini has a high quality built-in stereo microphone with dual stereo XLR phantom power input if you want to use external microphones. The URSA mini has physical sound level adjustment knobs and audio monitoring on-screen allowing you to simplify your audio recording equipment. Whether building a feature film rig or using a run and gun minimalistic setup, the URSA mini has you covered.
The URSA mini features dual CFast 2.0 card slots that can be swapped out during recording so that you never need to stop recording. Recording speed is a quick 350mb/s.
The URSA mini includes all the input and output essentials for professional workflows:
- 4-pin XLR industry standard power connector that works with 12v to 30v external power
- Stereo XLR with Phantom Power
- 12G-SDI Out, 12G-SDI In, 3G-SDI Out
- Reference In / Timecode In
- Accessory 12V Power
- 12V Main Power
- 3.5mm Headphone
- Broadcast Lens Control Connector
The URSA mini comes with a full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio for Mac and Windows. It allows you to edit, color-grade, manage media, master and deliver your production. DaVinci Resolve gives you the capability to take full advantage of the URSA mini’s amazing image quality and wide dynamic range. DaVinci Resolve features advanced multi-layer timeline editing, powerful trimming tools and creative grading tools.
- High frame rate RAW recording and instant playback on the built in monitor
- Files can be saved in 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW for the highest possible quality or as ProRes for easy post processing with more manageable file sizes.
- The included 12G-SDI digital video interface I/O is an incredible eight times faster than HD-SDI at 12Gb/s to support clean output signals to monitors/recorders/mixers
- High quality BNC connections are multi-rate allowing the use of difference SDI cables: 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI, or 3G-SDI
- Embedded metadata – store location, camera orientation, and scene details. Metadata saved directly to video files and easily edited with on-screen keyboard.
- Sensor Size: 25.34mm x 14.25mm (Super35)
- Frame Rates: Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
- Dynamic Range: 15 stops
- Shutter Type: User selectable between rolling and global shutter
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control: Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
- Lens Mount: EF Mount
- Screen Dimensions: 5" - 1920 x 1080
- Screen Type: LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support: Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
- Controls: Touchscreen menus on 5" screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
- Microphone: 2 x built in cardioid microphones for stereo recording with -10dB pad and low cut filter.
- Speaker: 1 x mono speaker, enabled in playback mode when headphones are not used.
- Mounting Options: Integrated rod mounts compatible with 15mm Light Weight Support standard
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 12G-SDI BNC 10-bit 4:2:2
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 12G-SDI BNC 10-bit 4:2:2
- Ref/ Timecode Input: 1 x BNC reference or timecode input with automatic detection
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x XLR analog switchable between mic and line levels. Phantom power support.
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channel
- Headphones: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Remote Control: 2 x 2.5mm LANC input for Rec Start/Stop, plus Iris and Focus control using compatible lenses.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424 Level B, Draft SMPTE 2081-1, Draft SMPTE 2082-1
- SDI Audio Sampling: 48 kHzand24 bit
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later.Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- External Power Input: 1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use.1 x 12-pin molex connector on rear battery plate.Custom V-mount battery plate with D-tap +12V regulated output from camera.
- External Power Output: 1 x 12V output using 4-pin XLR for powering external accessories such as EVF.1 x 12V regulated output from rear molex 12-way connector.
- Power: Rear camera mount compatible with industry standard V-mount or Gold Mount battery plates.
- Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K EF
- Turret Dust Cap
- Side Handle with LANC Cable
- Power supply