- 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen LCD
- Records UHD 4K/HD Up to 30 fps
- 10-Bit, 4:2:2 ProRes Codecs
- HDMI and 6G-SDI Video Inputs
- Dual SD Media Card Slots Supports UHS-II
- Two Mini XLR Inputs with Phantom Power
- On-Screen Histogram and Audio Levels
- Focus Peaking & Zebra
- Dual LP-E6 Hot-Swappable Battery Slots
- AC Adapter Included
On-set monitoring, recording and playback!
Blackmagic Video assist is the perfect accessory for any camera because it gives you everything you need to properly frame, focus and capture your shots! Any production using a DVCPRO, HDCAM or even a brand new full frame DSLR camera will instantly benefit from the larger high resolution screen and can use it to record professional quality ProRes or DNxHD video with full 10 bit quality. It's the prefect recorder for use with Blackmagic Micro Cameras and, if you're using a true digital film camera, like the Blackmagic URSA or URSA Mini, you can use it to record HD while your camera simultaneously records RAW!
Improve the quality of your DSLR shots!
The latest full frame DSLR cameras used with high quality photo lenses can shoot incredible stills but the quality of the video recorded is limited by the heavily compressed formats they use. You can bypass the compression on your DSLR by connecting the HDMI output directly into Video Assist to record professional, broadcast quality 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD video. Plus, you get a much larger monitor than the DSLR's small built in display so you can evaluate framing and focus with greater accuracy. Blackmagic Video Assist helps you get the best possible quality from your DSLR!
Update aging HD cameras with ProRes and DNxHD recording!
Now you can breathe new life into your aging HD production gear! All you have to do is connect a Blackmagic Video Assist via SDI to add modern, file based recording to your older cameras! That means your HDCAM, XDCAM or DVCPRO cameras can record full 10-bit quality to ProRes and DNxHD files that are optimized for post production! Since Blackmagic Video Assist records to standard, off the shelf, readily available and inexpensive SD cards, you no longer have to use expensive HDCAM tapes or strange custom media such as P2 cards and XDCAM discs!
The monitor that's perfect for the entire crew!
Most documentaries and indie films often operate with smaller crews and tighter budgets, so you don't have extra money for a lot of expensive equipment. Video Assist combines several pieces of production gear into a single lightweight, portable package! You get a fantastic on-set monitor, an HD or Ultra HD recorder, and with the 7” model, you also get a high quality audio recorder with two mic inputs! The touchscreen display can be used by the camera operator as a large viewfinder, by the DoP as a live on set monitor to check framing, and by the Director to review each take before moving to the next shot!
Add a monitor to your Micro Studio Camera
Turn your Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera into a full blown studio rig simply by adding a Video Assist! You get a brilliant 7” touchscreen that you can use as a viewfinder for checking focus and framing, and a built in recorder for recording Ultra HD video. It can even be used as an ISO recorder when you're working on live switched television shows! When used with the HDMI connection, you'll also be able to see the camera's interface on the touchscreen so you can change camera settings, monitor audio levels, see the histogram and more!
The fastest way to set up and check your action shots!
The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera is the world's smallest Super 16 digital film camera and can be used absolutely anywhere from quadcopters to crash cars, mounted on hang gliders, or even strapped to your body for unique point of view shots. The Blackmagic Video assist gives you a quick and easy way to adjust the Micro Cinema Camera's settings, check focus and more. Just plug it in, set up the camera, unplug it and go! With the Micro Cinema Camera and Video Assist, you'll be able to capture extreme action shots and have the confidence to know that the camera is set up properly and perfectly focused!
Take control of your digital imaging process
Digital Imaging Technicians often have to transport, operate and troubleshoot complex video assist systems that include multiple monitors, recorders and format converters. The Blackmagic Video Assist takes a complete DIT system and shrinks it down into a single, simple design that's perfect for indie films, documentaries, solo videographers and other small crews. You get an on set monitor, a ProRes and DNxHD recorder, and a playback VTR for reviewing shots. The SD cards can be cloned on set using DaVinci Resolve running on a laptop. You can even speed up post production by using Resolve to create looks live on set that can be later used during editing and color grading!
Add a large camera viewfinder that everyone can see!
Blackmagic Video Assist is the perfect companion for productions being shot with URSA Mini. You get an extra monitor that's large enough for the entire crew to see. Now multiple people on set can see the shot and all of the critical camera information they need! It can be mounted to the side of the camera, held in your hand, or placed anywhere on set using 6G-SDI. Video Assist shows intelligent, automatic overlays from the camera so you can see clip name, timecode, lens settings and other important metadata while still recording clean 10-bit ProRes or DNxHD video!
Record 10-bit 4:2:2 HD or Ultra HD video!
With its incredibly compact size, Blackmagic Video Assist securely mounts on any camera and gives film, television and commercial productions a professional recorder that can capture video in the popular ProRes and DNxHD formats. You can simultaneously record full 10-bit 4:2:2 HD or Ultra HD files on the Video Assist, and capture full resolution 4K RAW digital negatives on your camera! Both sets of files will have perfectly matched timecode so you can finish your program using the files from the Video Assist and, if needed, you'll still have the camera original RAW files for visual effects and color grading!
Reliable HD playback at trade shows and retail stores
Every company needs a reliable way to playback video at trade shows or on digital signs. Highly compressed H.264 or MP4 web formats don't look good when projected on large screens and digital signs. Video Assist uses high quality DNxHD and ProRes video formats so there's no temporal compression and you get hours of broadcast quality video playback! Connections are simple and straightforward and the large buttons emulate traditional deck controls so they are easy to use.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- SDI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x balanced mini XLR with phantom power
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack.
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Record Start and Stop.
- SD Interface: Dual UHS-II SD slots
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-II, SDXC UHS-I and SDHC UHS-I SD cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards.
- Recorder Control: Integrated capacitive touchscreen LCD with onscreen controls for settings and navigating menus.
- Screen Dimensions: 7" 1920 x 1200 capacitive touchscreen LCD.
- Recorder Configuration: Via the device's USB port or the device's user interface.
- Computer Interface: 1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 connector for initial setup, software updates and Video Assist Utility software control.
- Supports: Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy.
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- SDI Compliance : SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M 2084
- SDI Metadata Support: HD RP188
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24-bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI switches between 270 Mb/s SD , 1.5 Gb/s HD , and 3.0 Gb/s 60P HD plus 6.0 Gb/s 60p Ultra HD.
- HDMI Video Standards SD Format Support: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94 | 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 | 1080i50, 59.94
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Operating Systems Mac Icon Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later. Windows Icon Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Power Requirements: 2 x rechargeable LP-E6 Lithium-Ion batteries. +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -21° to 45° C (-6° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 7.45 x 5.14 x 1.28" / 18.92 x 13.06 x 3.25 cm
- Weight: 1.7 lb / 0.8 kg
- Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- SD card with software and manual
- +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.