- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- Capture 720p HD video
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
- Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos
- Enable the Auto Zoom feature and your camera will automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help keep it in focus
- ECO Mode helps reduce power consumption for longer battery life
For those wanting a simple way to capture moments with family, friends and more, the slim, stylish PowerShot ELPH 180 camera has easy-to-use features to help create photos that are as stunning as you want. The 8x Optical Zoom lets you get close to the action, while the 20.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help produce vibrant, clear images to share or print. Take more than just still images, with the ability to record movies at 720p HD. For added convenience, Smart AUTO figures out suitable settings for what you’re photographing so you don’t have to worry about finding a picture mode yourself. To help reduce the effects of camera shake, Digital IS helps keep blur to a minimum. On top of that, the Auto Zoom feature can automatically close in on your subject and keep it in focus for easy shooting.
Image Capture Device
20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
Approx. 20.0 Megapixels*
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
5.0 (W) - 40.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28-224mm)
Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
Auto: 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50cm) (W)
Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
Approx. 230,000 dots
Aperture and Shutter
f/3.2 (W), f/6.9 (T)
15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)
Auto, ISO 100-1600
Light Metering Method
Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
Still Images: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control
Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
1.6-9.8 ft. (W), 4.3-4.9 ft. (T)
50.0cm - 3.0m (W), 1.3-1.5m (T)
P, Auto, Digital IS, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec. / Custom
Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec.
Normal Continuous Shooting Low Light mode: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec.
Under lighting conditions where flash does not fire automatically.Excluding RAW and RAW+JPEG.Until memory card becomes full.
SD/SDHC/SDXC and Eye-Fi Memory Cards
Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
Image Recording Format
JPEG Compression Mode
Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels
Large: 5152 x 3864
Medium 1 (M1): 3648 x 2736
Medium 2 (M2): 2048 x 1536
Medium: 2560 x 1920
Small: 640 x 480
Wide: 5152 x 2896
HD 1280 x 720: 25.00 fps
640 x 480: 29.97 fps
Number of Recordable Images
Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card
Time of Recordable Movies
Total Movie Time Recordable to Memory Card
The values in the table are based on Canon measurement conditions and may change depending on the subject, memory card and camera settings.After Low-level formatting.
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card
• Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full.
• Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.
Playback Modes File
Protect, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, i-Contrast, Resize, Red-Eye Correction, Photobook Set-up, Auto Rotate, Resume
Hi-Speed USB (Mini-B); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
Battery Pack NB-11L
Approx. 220 shots
Approx. 300 shots in ECO Mode
Video Recording Time: Approx. 55 min.
Approx. 4 hr.
32-104°F / 0-40°C
Dimensions (W x H x D)
3.75 x 2.14 x 0.87 in. / 95.2 x 54.3 x 22.1mm
4.44 oz. / 126g (CIPA standard)
3.92 oz. / 111g (Body only)