- Features Canons E-TTL
- Circular twin flash tubes
- Designed for EF macro lenses
- Flash tubes can fire at varying combinations
- Can trigger 550EX speedlites as wireless slaves
- Illuminated full info LCD controller panel
Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX is a twin tube ring-lite designed to work with Canons EF macro lenses. The twin light tubes can be fired in unison or be combined in six different variations (stops). The ring-lites work with all EOS bodies and can control several 550EX speedlites as wireless slave units.
This new Ring Lite for close-up and macro shooting is loaded with features and capabilities. Now with Canon's E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash performance of the EOS-1v, EOS-3, and other E-TTL cameras. Circular twin flash tubes can fire at even power, or varied between them over a six-stop range, and one or more 550EX Speedlites can be used as wireless slaves along with the MR-14EX. The controller unit now has an illuminated full-info LCD panel and its accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs.
- Twin-tube ring lite designed for close-up photography with EF Macro lenses; Flash tubes can fire together or independently.
- Compatible with all EOS bodies.
- Supports E-TTL Wireless Autoflash in conjunction with one or more 550EXs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two forms of modelling flash permit preview of lighting effects.
- Illuminated LCD panel for easy flash settings in any lighting condition.
Ring Lite, twin circular flashes tubes, and separate Controller Unit.
- One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or M flash mode, showing ratios (Possible only with EOS-1v and EOS-3, as of January, 2000)
- With CF 4-1, uniform one second burst at 70Hz, works in TTL mode.
Flash Control System
Control in E-TTL Mode: FP sync, FE Lock, Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
Control in Manual Mode: Flash +/- compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing.
Ratio Control in Manual: L:R tubes (A:B) in full steps over 1/1 ~ 1/64 range, full steps
Setting Method: LCD panel on Controller Unit (illuminated), similar to 550EX Speedlite
Seven on the MR-14EX (in addition to any in camera), set on flash LCD.
4 AA batteries in Controller (Alkaline, NiCd, Lithium and Ni-MH type AAs are OK)
External Power Source
External battery packs Compact Battery Pack CP-E2, Transistor Pack E.