- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p video
- 5x Optical Zoom with 24mm wide angle
- Built-in GPS tracker
- Large 3.0-inch wide LCD enables easy viewing.
Sleek and Serious.
The PowerShot S100 is a sophisticated pocket-friendly point-and-shoot digital camera that has the power advanced users and enthusiasts need to create standout images. As with other PowerShot cameras, the compact PowerShot S100 incorporates all of the advanced Canon technologies that make capturing superb photos and video as easy as pressing a button. Yet, when it's time to get creative, the very same camera in the hands of a skilled photographer can produce stunning images that would be at home in a gallery. As automatic or manual as you need it to be, the PowerShot S100 is, at once, a pocket camera and a serious photographic tool, impressing even demanding pros. It incorporates the Canon HS SYSTEM, now featuring the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor for enhanced image quality and amazing low-light performance. The fast f/2.0 lens helps you tackle unfavorable lighting and capture breathtaking portraits with beautiful, shallow depth-of-field. 12.1 Megapixels ensure crisp, richly detailed images, and a 5x Optical Zoom provides an excellent all-around range to shoot near or far.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low-light performance up to ISO 6400 and enhanced image quality.
- Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 24mm wide angle allows you to capture more in your frame, and a bright f/2.0 lens makes it ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 8 frames* while maintaining superb image quality and Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control, and a control ring for intuitive manual adjustment.
- Built-in GPS tracker records your location, and a logger allows easy viewing of the locations on a map to help you remember where images were taken.
- Large 3.0-inch wide LCD enables easy viewing.
Experience the Power.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor brings phenomenal increases in processing speed and power. Improved chip architecture and algorithms deliver greatly expanded functionality with further refinement in image quality. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds. Enhanced i-Contrast performance adjusts differences between light and dark areas to achieve even more natural-looking results. The faster processing speed also results in faster continuous shooting capability while maintaining full image quality. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor also makes possible a new, highly advanced automatic white balance system. Whereas conventional white balance makes an overall adjustment based on a single type of light source, the new Canon Multi-Area White Balance analyzes several areas of the image to determine whether different adjustments are needed, for example, for the main subject and the background.
Canon CMOS Sensor
The PowerShot S100 digital camera employs a new Canon 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor. Inheriting much of the advanced technology developed for Canon EOS DSLR cameras, this sensor delivers state-of-the-art imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras, such as the PowerShot S100. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture without increased noise. It is also a high-speed design, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus.
Canon HS SYSTEM
The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos in an even wider range of shooting situations. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor, which is able to capture more light; and the DIGIC Image Processor, which actively reduces noise with high-speed image processing. The 12.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor in the PowerShot S100 incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The new DIGIC 5 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range to an amazing high of ISO 6400. The Canon HS SYSTEM thus lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur.
Image Capture Device
*Shooting standby only in movie mode.
Aperture and Shutter
15-1/2000 sec. (Total Shutter speed range)
- * Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF
** Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame
White Balance Control - Auto*, Day Light, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom
* Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF (Face Detect WB).
Shooting videos are possible with the movie button
- *1 Smart AUTO, also available for videos
*2 Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Smart Shutter*5, High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist
*3 High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap
*4 Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie
*5 Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
Photo Effects - My Colors
- *Delay time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
Approx. 9.6 shots/sec. (in High-Speed Burst HQ)*
* Maximum of 8 continuous shots per burst
RAW (CR2 (Canon Original));
Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
Number of Recording Pixels
Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
*As viewed in LCD monitor
Movie: part of movie, all of movie