- High-speed phase detection AF
- 2.36M-Dot high-precision electronic viewfinder
- 0.62x Viewfinder magnification with a new UI to improve framing
- Image processing engine delivers high speed performance
Advanced rangefinder design engage with your subject and capture pictures your way
Sense the detail, mood and atmosphere of your scene the rangefinder design allows you to capture the moment as it happens while viewing your subject in perfect detail through the viewfinder.
From the X-E2S enable you to improved performance and faster autofocus-the new features on the X-E2S enable you to capture your vision in as true-to-life a way as possible.
Film simulation modes-just like choosing a photographic film capture your pictures with unique Fuji colors.
Color reproduction technology perfected through over 80 years of color film development research, responding to the requests of professional photographers. In addition to the standard PROVIA, the brilliant colors of Velvia, and the muted tones of ASTIA, the user can select from 11 different types, including PRO Neg.Hi for skin tones and CLASSIC CHROME for a vintage look. Our commitment to image quality not only improves lens resolution, but also takes detail to a higher level.
2.36M-Dot high-precision electronic viewfinder
The X-E2S is equipped with a 2.36M-dot organic EL electtronic viewfinder with 100% coverage. The display is incredibly clear thanks to an optical structure using two glass lenses and one double-sided aspherical lens. Also, since effects such as Film Simulation and exposure compensation can be applied, you can check how an image will look in real time. It is also possible to display natural tones, just as the naked eye would, by turning the preview picture effects off.
0.62x Viewfinder magnification with a new UI to improve framing
The X-E2S has a viewfinder magnification of 0.62x, making it larger and clearer than entry-level SLR cameras. A new user interface has been used to deliver an impressive viewfinder performance. A variety of information can be checked while concentrating on framing with the new display information design focusing on size and visibility.
Display time lag of 0.005 seconds-virtually real-time
The camera's real-time viewfinder has the world's shortest display time lag of 0.005 seconds making it possible to take panning shots of moving subjects. Combined with the new AF system,it's a great camera to capture movement.
Dials offer intuitive operation
The shutter speed dial and exposure compensation dial can be changed with the right handwhile holding the camera and adjusting the lens aperture with the left hand. Through the combination of settingson the shutter speed dial and aperture ring, Program (P), Shutter Speed Priority(S), Aperture Priority (A) and Manual (M) modes can easily be selected. In addition, fine exposure control is possible with a compensation range of up to ±3.0EV in 1/3 EV steps.
Quick menu customization and seven function buttons
Pressing the Quick Menu Button allows the user to display and edit 16 shooting options, such as ISO sensitivity and Film Simulation. In addition, the seven function buttons can be used to quickly make setting changes.
Switch to full auto at the press of a button
The camera automatically recognizes scenes from 58 different options before selecting the optimal shooting settings. As the focus mode is also set to Auto in this Full Auto mode, it's ideal for those times when you just want to shoot freely and not worry about missing anything. It is also possible toset your favorite scene using the camera menu.
High-speed phase detection AF
The camera's Intelligent Hybrid AF system combines the excellent autofocus speed of phase detection AF with the strong low light performance of contrast AF. The pase detection pixels in the center of the image sensor deliver autofocusing speeds as short as 0.06sec. In addition, Phase Detection AF tracking abilities in dark conditions have been improved.
Continuous shooting with AF-C
Features advanced motion prediction technology to predict the subjects movement, enabling high-speed continuous shooting while tracking with AF at up to 7.0fps
Face detection and eye detection AF
In addition to the Face Detection, the camera is also equipped with Eye Detection AF to focus specifically on the subject's eye. This feature is perfect for shooting portraits with a shallow dept-of-field.
APS-C sensor without optical low-pass filter
The X-E2S is equipped with an APS-C sized 16M X-Trans CMOS II sensor. This unique color filter array eliminates the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). This design reduces the occurences of moire and false colors to deliver high resolution images with natural, vibrant colors.
Up to ISO 51200
Through the combination of the sensor and processor, you can shoot at high sensitivities up to ISO 51200. Deep blacks with less noise are captured even when using this ultra-high sensitivity, and hand-held shooting is now possible in even lower lighting conditions.
Image processing engine delivers high speed performance
Thanks to the high-speed EXR Processor II processing engine and sensor incorporating phase detection pixels, faster autofocus, start-up time, shooting interval and shutter time lag are achieved.
Ultra-fast electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32,000 sec.
The camera is equipped with an ultra-fast electronic shutter with a maximum speend of 1/32,000 sec., so you can take pictures at wide apertures even in bright outdoor scenes. This means you can take full advantage ofthe bokef effects from FUJINON XF lenses. Mechanical shutter, electronic shutter, or a combination of the two can be selected.
With Multiple Exposure shooting, users can superimpose two images in one frame. The first shot is displayed while shooting the second, so you can view the final effect before you take the picture.
Choose from five different auto bracketing functions (AE, ISO Sensitiviy, Dynamic Rane, Film Simulation and White Balance). In each option, the X-E2S captures three images of the same scene in a single exposure, so you can choose your favorite shot later.
By simply panning the camera using the guidelines, dynamic 180 degree panoramic images can be take. A 120 degree panorama setting is also available. Once all the shots are taken, the camera automatically stitches the images to form a single photograph.
Remote shooting is possible using a smartphone or tablet. Images can also be transferred to the device, and images stored on the camera can be viewed remotely. In addtion, images can be sent to the SHARE-SP-1(sold separately) for printing.
Super Intelligent Flash
Fujifilm's Super i-Flash delivers the ideal amount of flash for the scene. The X-E2S captures faces perfectly even in backlit or dark conditions. When shooting macro images, the flash prevents the subject and background being washed out.
Focus Peaking highlights high-contrast areas as a guide while focusing manually. Even smoother focusing is possible using the Digital Split Image function, which combines right and left sides of the image to show sharp focus.
A wide variety frame rates (60/50/30/25/24fps) can be selected with Full HD movie quality Manual exposure can also be adjusted to help you create the movies you want.
- Number of effective pixels: 16.3 million pixels
- Image sensor : 23.6mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS II with primary color filter Total number of pixels: 16.7 million pixels
- Sensor Cleaning system: Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage media : SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC (UHS-I) memory card *1
- File format: Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)*2, RAW (RAF format), RAW+JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
- Movie: MOV (H.264, Audio : Linear PCM / stereo sound)
- Lens mount: FUJIFILM X mount
- Sensitivity: AUTO1/AUTO2/AUTO3 (Control available up to ISO 6400)
- Equivalent to ISO 200 - 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Extended output sensitivity : Equivalent ISO 100, 12800, 25600 and 51200
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE / Shutter Speed priority AE / Aperture priority AE / Manual exposure
- Exposure compensation: -3.0EV - +3.0EV, 1/3EV step, (movie recording : -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
- Image Stabilizer: Supported with OIS type lenses
- Face detection: Yes
- Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
- Focus Mode: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF Distance Indicator / AF+MF
- Focus Type: Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF), AF assist illuminator available
- AF frame selection: Single Point AF : 49 areas on a 7x7 grid (Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types), Zone AF : Selectable with 3x3 / 5x3 / 5x5 areas from 77 areas on an 11x7 grid, Wide/Tracking AF : Automatic selection from 77 areas on an 11x7 grid
- White balance: Automatic scene recognition / Custom / Color temperature selection (K) / Preset : Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
- Self-timer: 10sec. / 2sec. delay
- Interval timer shooting: YES
- Setting: Interval, Number of shots, Starting time
- Flash: Manual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash)
- Guide number : Approx. 5 (ISO100m) / Approx. 7 (ISO200m)
- Flash modes: (Red-eye Removal OFF) Auto / Forced Flash / Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- Flash modes: (Red-eye Removal ON) Red-eye Reduction Auto / Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- *Red-eye removal is active when Face Detection is set to ON.
- Hot shoe: Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
- Viewfinder: 0.5-in., approx. 2,360K-dot OLED color viewfinder
- Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100%
- Eye point : approx. 23mm (from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece)
- Diopter adjustment : -4m-1 to +2m-1
- Magnification : 0.62x with 50mm lens (35mm format equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to - 1.0m-1 Diagonal angle of view : approx. 30° (Horizontal angle of view : approx. 25°) Built-in eye sensor
- LCD monitor: 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot, color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage)
- Movie recording: Full HD 1920 x 1080 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 14 min.
- HD 1280 x 720 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p, Continuous recording : up to approx. 27 min.
- * Use a card with SD Speed Class with Class 10 or higher
- Photography functions: Advanced SR AUTO, Eye detection AF, Face Detection, Interval timer shooting, Auto Red-eye Removal, Select custom setting, Motion panorama, Color space, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Gradation), Film Simulation, Advanced Filter, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Lens Modulatioon Optimizer, Pre-AF, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Digital Split Image™ *4, Electronic level, Multiple exposure, Release priority / Focus priority selection, Fn button setting (RAW, Movie, etc.), ISO AUTO control, Instant AF setting (AF-S/AF-C), Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Selector button setting, AE-L/AF-L button setting, Edit/Save quick menu, Shutter Type
- Film simulation mode: PROVIA/STANDARD, Velvia/VIVID, ASTIA/SOFT, CLASSIC CHROME, PRO Neg Hi, PRO Neg. Std, MONOCHROME, MONOCHROME+Ye FILTER, MONOCHROME+R FILTER, MONOCHROME+G FILTER, SEPIA
- Dynamic range setting: AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%
- Advanced filter: Toy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft focus / Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
- Playback functions: RAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Face Detection, Red-eye reduction, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Image search, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Mark for upload, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, Favorites
- Wireless transmitter : Standard: IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
- Access mode: Infrastructure
- Wireless function: Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, instax printer print
- Other functions: PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Date/Time, Time difference, Sound & Flash, High Performance, Preview exp. in Manual mode, EVF Brightness, EVF Color, LCD Brightness, LCD Color, Preview Pic. Effect, DISP. Custom Setting
- Digital interface: USB2.0 (High-Speed) / micro USB terminal *connectable with Remote Release RR-90 (sold separately)
- HDMI output: HDMI Mini connector (Type C)
- Power supply: NP-W126 Li-ion battery (included)
- Dimensions: 129mm (W) x 74.9mm (H) x 37.2mm (D) / 5.08in. (W) x 2.95in. (H) x 1.47in. (D)
- (Minimum Depth : 30.9mm / 1.22 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 350g / 12.3 oz. (including battery and memory card)
- Approx. 300g / 10.6 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 40°C (+32°F - +104°F)
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 80% (no condensation)
- Battery life for still images: Approx. 350 frames (When XF35mmF1.4 R is set, LCD monitor on) *5
- Battery life for movies: Consecutive movie recording : approx. 110 min. (Face detection is set to OFF) * Individual movies cannot exceed approx. 14 min. on Full HD mode, and approx. 27 min. on HD mode in length.B106
- Starting up period: Approx. 0.5 sec., when High Performance mode set to ON, Approx. 1.0 sec., when High Performance mode set to OFF
- Li-ion battery NP-W126
- Battery charger BC-W126
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Metal strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Owner's manual