- Fast: up to 230 MB/s
- Waterproof: up to 200 meters
- Resistant: heat, cold, shock, pressure, drops
- Secure: AES 256-bit encryption
Built for the Extremes
Introducing the next generation in industrial-strength storage: the LaCie XtremKey USB 3.0. If you want to push the limits of speed, capacity, and security for your data, the LaCie XtremKey was built with you in mind. It features transfer speeds of up to 230 MB/s*, capacity of up to 64GB, and the ability to withstand crushing pressures, oceanic depths, and extreme temperatures. The LaCie XtremKey is about as hardcore as external storage gets.
We've put it to the test, and the XtremKey USB 3.0 is LaCie's strongest, toughest USB key yet. Its ZAMAC metal alloy construction withstands severe shock, relentless pressure, dizzying drops, and temperatures as bone chilling as -30°C (-22°F) and as scorching as 200°C (392°F). It features heat, cold, drop, shock, and pressure resistance to protect your data from the outside elements, plus AES 256-bit software encryption** to secure it from the inside.
The LaCie XtremKey is IP-68 Level 8 certified, making it watertight up to 200 meters (656 feet). The memory modules are shielded inside a 2 mm casing and sealed with wear-resistant screw threads and a hermetic, rubber O-ring. So, if your LaCie XtremKey plunges overboard while scuba diving, grab your gear and dive in after it. Your data will stay dry and secure inside.
Extremely large files need extreme speed. With the LaCie XtremKey's USB 3.0 interface, you get speeds of up to 230 MB/s for extraordinarily fast file transfers that allow you to transfer three HD movies or 9,200 photos in less than one minute***. USB 3.0 represents an enormous speed increase from USB 2.0, and best of all, it's backward compatible with USB 2.0. Never worry about connectivity.
- Capacity: 128GB
- Interface: USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible*)
- Interface Transfer Rate: USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
- USB 2.0: 480 Mb/s
- Operating temp.: 5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
- Non-operating temp.: -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F)
- Fire test: 30 sec. fire exposure
- Heat test: 200°C (392°F) / 3 min.
- Cold test: -30°C (-22°F) / 24 hrs.
- IP-68 Level 8: water and dust resistant
- Water test: 20 ATM in hyperbaric chamber
- Drop test: 10 meters
- Shock test: 50 G acceleration/shock, 5 times, MIL-810F 516.5 compliant
- Pressure test: SUV (10 tons)**
- Software Suite for Download: LaCie Private-Public (protect data with AES 256-bit encryption***)
- LaCie Genie® Timeline (backup for Windows®)
- Intego® Backup Assistant (backup for Mac®)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 74 x 22 mm / 2.9 x 0.9 in.
- Weight: 57 g / 2 oz.
- System Requirements: Computer with a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0* port
- Latest version of Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Intel® only for LaCie Private-Public software) or later