- 24.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter (OLPF)
- 39-point Autofocus (AF) system
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- ISO 100 - 25,600
- High resolution, vari-angle LCD with familiar, smartphone-like touchscreen for easy use
- 1080/60p HD video capabilities allow for capture of fast-moving subjects or creating slow motion effects
- Built-in Wi-Fi and smartphone compatibility for instant sharing
Capture and share vibrant, lifelike images.
Meet the first in an exciting new generation of Wi-Fi® enabled, ultra-high-resolution Nikon HDSLRs: the D5300. With built-in Wi-Fi for photo sharing to your smartphone or tablet, GPS and mapping, a cutting edge 24.2-megapixel image sensor, an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD and more, D5300 brings an outstanding new level of image quality and capabilities in a compact, ergonomic design. Pair it with any NIKKOR lens like the outstanding AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens and unleash the full potential of its innovative image sensor. Your photos will be richer, truer to life than most photos you've seen. HD video will have a stunning cinematic look, a level of sharpness and clarity that ignites on ultra-high-resolution tablets, laptops and TVs. And the first time you use your smartphone or tablet to instantly share photos from the D5300, you'll realize the game has truly changed.
A new level of image quality
The sharpness, clarity and richness of colors in the D5300's photos and Full HD videos is nothing short of astounding. A recent design innovation allows the D5300's 24.2-megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor* to capture pure, lifelike images. Enlarge or crop your photos without losing any sharpness or detail a feat not possible with most smartphones. Pair that capability with any exceptional NIKKOR lens, marvels of clarity and sharpness in their own right, and you'll experience the image quality your memories deserve.
A new level of connectivity
With built-in Wi-Fi and GPS*, the D5300 is the first in an exciting new generation of connected Nikon DSLRs. Wirelessly connect to D5300 with your smartphone or tablet±, then browse the photos on D5300's memory card, import your favorites and instantly email them, text them or post them online using the Wireless Mobile Utility app. While connected, your smart device can also act as a remote monitor for the D5300. See what the camera sees and even fire the shutter perfect for group shots and self portraits! When traveling, built-in GPS geotags all of your shots. Create exciting travel journals, find nearby Points of Interest and easily share your location data when posting photos on Facebook or Flickr.
Compact, lightweight, rugged and comfortable
Don't let the small size of the D5300 fool you it delivers big-camera quality and capabilities. Like all Nikon DSLRs, the D5300 was designed for ergonomics every button and dial was carefully placed for comfortable, efficient operation. Yet it's big in all the right places, like its 3.2-inch swiveling Vari-angle LCD and its 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor. You'll take the D5300 on every adventure, which means you'll bring home more stunning views of your travels.
Extra-large swiveling Vari-angle display
The D5300's extra-large ultra-high resolution Vari-angle LCD swivels 180° so you can shoot from exciting new angles. Hold the camera overhead for great shots over a crowd. Hold the camera down low for a fun face-to-face perspective of your pet. And create some of your best selfies yet frame a stunning new profile pic, then upload it right to web, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity!*
Focus where you want it
Whether shooting stationary subjects, candid photos, high-speed action or Full HD video, the D5300 keeps subjects in focus. Its 39-point high-density autofocus system with 9 cross-type sensors quickly locks onto your subject, and Nikon's unique 3D-tracking uses the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor to recognize and follow it across the frame.
Catch the right moment
When photo-worthy action starts, hold down the shutter button and capture every movement, expression and feeling at 5 frames per second, even when using the Vari-angle LCD. Stop reaching for your smartphone when an important moment happens except to share the great shot you just caught with the D5300.
Storytelling at your fingertips
Bring the image quality the D5300 produces softly blurred backgrounds, tack-sharp details, vibrant colors to dazzling 1080p Full HD videos. In Live View, Nikon's full-time autofocus follows your subject and keeps it sharp. A built-in stereo microphone adds high-fidelity sound to your videos, or you can add Nikon's optional accessory ME-1 stereo microphone for the highest quality sound possible.
Pictures as your eyes see them
The D5300 features exceptional metering and onboard intelligence, freeing you to focus on the composition of your shots and, most importantly, the moment that's taking place. Nikon's outstanding Scene Recognition System analyzes your shooting situation, compares it to an onboard database of thousands of scenes, and automatically determines the most appropriate auto exposure, i-TTL flash exposure, white balance and autofocus settings.
Get creative with Image Effects
Make a single vivid color pop in a black & white photo, turn a landscape into a toy model, shoot portraits that look like paintings, make your D5300 behave like a toy camera (new) and more, then share your creations with your smartphone or tablet.
Embrace highlights and shadows
Built-in HDR automatically combines two photos into one highly dynamic image, and new subject-based D-Lighting automatically brightens shadowy areas on your subjects great for portraits.
Edit your shots in the camera
Perfect the photos you share with D5300's Retouch Menu. Easily crop, apply filters, effects and more right in the camera no additional software needed then instantly share your edited shot with your smartphone or tablet.
Great results in tricky situations
Even if you're new to DSLR photography, getting great results in difficult situations couldn't be easier just select from 16 common Scene Modes for your situation, or let the camera pick for you.
Define your own style
The D5300's easy to use Picture Controls let you alter your color palette and add a personal touch with six settings available; Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape customize the look and feel of your photos and HD videos.
Change your view of the world
The D5300 is compatible with Nikon's complete collection of remarkable NIKKOR lenses and optimized for DX-Format NIKKOR lenses. Expand your capabilities and creativity over time by growing your own collection.
- Auto Focus Technology: Contrast Detect (sensor), Phase Detect, Multi-area, Center, Selective single-point, Tracking, Single, Continuous, Face Detection, Live View
- Autofocus Points: 39
- Battery Average Life: 600 Photos
- Color: Black
- Compatible Devices: Nikon Lenses, Nikon F Mount
- Compatible Mountings: Nikon F (FX), Nikon F (DX)
- Configuration: Base
- Continuous Shooting Speed: 5 fps
- Digital Zoom: 1x
- Display: TFT
- Display Fixture Type: Fully articulated
- Display Resolution Maximum: 1037000
- Display Size: 3.2 inches
- Effective Still Resolution: 24.2 MP
- Expanded ISO Maximum: 25,600
- Expanded ISO Minimum: 100
- Item Dimensions: 3.86 x 2.99 x 4.92 inches
- Item Weight: 1.06 lbs
- Lens Type: interchangeable
- Lithium Battery Energy Content: 8.9 Watt Hours
- Lithium Battery Weight: 0.648 grams
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5
- Maximum Focal Length: 55 mm
- Maximum Shutter Speed: 1/4000 of a second
- Maximum horizontal resolution: 6,000
- Memory Slots Available: 1
- Metering: Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focal Length: 18 mm
- Minimum Shutter Speed: 30 seconds
- Model Year: 2014
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 24.2 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: CMOS
- Optical Zoom: 3x
- Photo Filter Thread Size: 52 mm
- Photo Sensor Technology: CMOS
- Processor Description: Expeed 4
- Remote Control Description: Optional ML-L3 or WR-R10
- Removable Memory: Secure Digital card
- Resolution modes: 24.2MP
- Self-timer: Yes
- Sensor Cleaning Method: Yes
- Style Name: w/ 18-55mm
- Supported Battery Types: Lithium-Ion EN-EL14a or EN-EL14 rechargeable battery & charger
- USB 2.0: 1
- Video Capture Format: mpeg-4;h.264
- Video Capture Resolution: 1080p_hd
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.82x
- Viewfinder Type: Optical (pentamirror)
- Water Resistance Level: Not Water Resistant
- Weather Resistance: No
- D5300 DX-format Digital SLR Kit with 18-55mm DX Vibration Reduction II Lens (Black)
- EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Quick Charger
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- UC-E17 USB Cable
- EG-CP16 Audio Video Cable
- AN-DC3 Camera Strap
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- Nikon View NX 2 CD-ROM
- LC-52 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap