- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion
- 4 stops of Vibration Reduction for handheld and low-light shooting
- Nonstick glass makes it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges
- Evolution of Nikon's legendary 24-70mm workhorse
The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens is an exceptionally versatile zoom lens with a constant aperture of F/2.8 and an electromagnetic diaphragm. The 24-70mm focal length covers the useful range from wide angle to portrait making it perfect for landscape, press events, studio photography, and traveling with one lens. The constant f/2.8 aperture allows lots of light through for use in difficult low light situations while the VR system ensures you get all the sharpness you would expect from a high-end professional Nikon lens. A 9-blade aperture is utilized to create a beautiful balance of sharpness and soft blur.
This full frame lens is made up of 20 elements in 16 groups. They’re made up of aspherical lens elements, ED glass elements, and aspherical ED lens elements. These special glass elements help reduce aberrations, coma, distortion, and allows for a more compact lens. A Nano crystal coat is utilized to help eliminate internal lens element reflections across a range of wavelengths and to prevent ghosting/flare. Fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements help protect the lens against finger prints, dust and water.
The Nikkor 24-70mm lens is durable and designed to work in severe shooting environments with a rear rubber gasket to keep moisture out.
An electromagnetic diaphragm is utilized for fast auto-exposure control during continuous shooting and highly accurate aperture blade control.
The Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens has two sets of controls on the body of the lens. The first set of controls switches between using automatic or manual focus. The second set of controls is for the vibration reduction settings. You are able to turn off VR for tripod use, turn to normal for hand held shooting and set to active for extreme movement such as riding in a car.
Nikon’s Nikkor 24-70mm lens utilizes an internal focus system that provides quick and accurate autofocus thanks to a silent wave motor. This lens allows you to switch from automatic to manual focusing by simply turning the focus ring, no need to switch off automatic focus. This allows you to remain looking through the viewfinder while framing a shot or focusing.
This lens utilizes a vibration reduction system that is rated for 4 stops of improvement, great for hand held shooting and using slow shutter speeds in low-light situations. The VR II system ensures your images are sharper with less blur.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 24-70mm
- Zoom Ratio: 2.9x
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Format: FX/35mm
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 61°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 22°50'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 84°
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format): 34°20'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.27x
- Lens Elements: 20
- Lens Groups: 16
- High Refractive Index Elements: 1
- Compatible Format(s): FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Distance Information: Yes
- Nano Crystal Coat: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: 2
- Fluorine Coat: Yes
- Aspherical Elements: 3
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 35-50 mm focal length: 1.2 ft. (0.38 m) from focal plane
24, 28, 70 mm focal lengths: 1.3 ft. (0.41 m) from focal plane
- Focus Mode: Manual, Manual/Auto
- E-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 3.4 in. (88.0mm) x 6.0 in. (154.5mm)
- Approx. Weight: 38.4 oz. (1070g)
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
- LC-82 82mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- HB-74 Bayonet Hood
- CL-M3 Semi-soft Lens Case