- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation.
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon's new high-resolution image sensors.
- VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups.
- Superb NIKKOR optics, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for better contrast and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing.
A compact all-in-one lens that's ready for anything.
If you're looking for an outstanding grab-and-go lens the kind you'll keep on your camera for nearly every situation check out the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. Optimized to draw full potential from Nikon's high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it delivers beautiful ultra-sharp photos and videos with softly blurred backgrounds. Its versatile 7.8x zoom range (18mm to 140mm) lets you shoot everything from wide-angle family portraits to telephoto close-ups on the sports field. 4 stops of VR image stabliization means sharper handheld photos and video, especially when shooting in low light or at maximum focal length. You can even get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject for macro-style close-ups!
7.8x wide-angle to telephoto zoom
Developed with high pixel count DSLRs in mind, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR delivers vibrant, detail-rich photos and videos across its entire zoom range. Zoom out for an 18mm wide-angle view that's great for group shots, landscapes or any time you need to fit more into the frame. Zoom in for 140mm of telephoto reach enough zoom to capture close-ups of your favorite player from the sidelines. In between, you have standard views similar to what you see with your eyes and medium telephoto views ideal for portraits. Whatever shot comes your way, you'll be ready to catch it.
The VR image stabilization advantage
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR versatility is strengthened by 4 stops of VR image stabilization. Capture sharp, shake-free handheld photos and videos in low-light situations, when you want to use slower shutter speeds, and at telephoto distances, when even the smallest amount of camera shake can ruin a shot.
Advanced Nikon technology and superb NIKKOR optics
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is an advanced lens designed to get the most from high-resolution Nikon DSLRs. In addition to VR image stabilization, it uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, which virtually eliminates reflections and lens flare for better contrast and Aspherical (AS) lens elements for minimizing aberration and improving image integrity and color. Nikon's remarkable Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing, a major advantage when recording video. And, of course, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR has NIKKOR's renowned quality of construction and outstanding optics.
ED (Extra low Dispersion) and Super ED Glass
ED Glass is an optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations. Super ED glass exhibits an even lower refractive index and lower light dispersion than ED glass, while excelling at eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations rather than a gear system to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
A-M stands for Auto-Manual Mode. Thanks to a mechanism incorporated in the lens barrel, smooth focusing operation in Manual focus mode is realized in the same way as users have become accustomed to with conventional manual-focus lenses by adding an appropriate torque to the focus ring.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 18 -140 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 7.8 x
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/ 22-38
- Format: DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 76°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 11°30'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.23 x
- Lens Elements: 17
- Lens Groups: 12
- Optical Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Compatible Format(s): DX
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: 1
- Aspherical Elements: 1
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 ft. ( 0.45 m)
- Focus Mode: Auto, Manual, Auto/Manual
- G-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 67 mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 3 in. (78 mm) x 3.8 in. (97 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 17.3 oz. (490 g)
- LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap