- 16 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor
- 5X optical zoom
- Face Detection
- PENTAX Shake Reduction
16 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor
Backlit 16 megapixel CMOS sensor offers superior high resolution imaging with no-compromise in image quality, color accuracy, and noise performance.
Shockproof, ruggedized design protects from drops up to 5 feet, ensuring stable operation during rigorous activity or for lifes everyday mishaps.
Coldproof to sub-freezing temperatures of minus 10 degrees C (14 degrees F) is ideal for use in cold, snowy, wet conditions from skiing to snowmobiling, snowshoeing to sledding, or just building a snowman in the front yard.
5X optical zoom
Wide angle 5X internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent) provides flexible capture of subjects near or far without sacrificing any bit of the cameras rugged design.
Full 1080p Video
Capture full HD video in widescreen 1080p resolution (1920x1080) with efficient, high quality h.264 compression at 30 frames per second.
An HDMI port (Micro, Type-D) plays back beautiful, high definition images and video on HDTVs.
Capture perfect portraits with fast Face Detection technology, including Smile Capture and Blink Detection functions, as well as exposure modes specifically designed for portrait photography.
Extended Dynamic range
Extended dynamic range functions help bring out extra detail in shadow and/or highlight areas of an image to prevent exposure clipping.
Optional infrared remote
Take pictures remotely using an optional PENTAX infrared remote control, perfect for self-portraits or group shots, small subject photography, or rock steady exposures.
Waterproof to 40 feet
Waterproof to a depth of 40 feet is perfect for use when submerged in a pool, lake, or ocean, or simply when caught in a sudden downpour.
Crushproof construction withstands weights up to 220 LBF (pound-force), preventing damage at the bottom of a backpack or handbag, or when accidentally wedged between a body and a solid object.
Dustproof design protects the camera from dry, dusty environments from the beach to the desert.
Large 3 inch LCD features a wide angle viewable HVGA resolution screen (460,000 dots), while anti-reflective coating on the screens protective acrylic panel greatly enhances visibility in brightly lit shooting conditions.
Durable lens cover
Tough mineral crystal cover protects internal lens elements, and an easy-to-clean SP coating helps water sheet off the optical surface, minimizing blur due to water droplets.
PENTAX Shake Reduction
Pixel Track, Digital, and Movie Shake Reduction ensure sharp, blur-free images and video, even in dim lighting.
Autofocus assist lamp
An autofocus assist lamp helps to quickly and accurately focus, even in the most challenging of lighting conditions.
Flexible multi-purpose Green Button allows for quick access to many common camera settings, including Movie Mode, Voice Recording, and other functions.
- 13th generation rugged, adventure proof digital camera
- Backlit 16 MP CMOS sensor
- Waterproof to 40 feet
- Shockproof, coldproof, crushproof, dustproof
- Compact Digital Camera
- Backlit CMOS w primary color filter
- Size: ½.3-in.
- Effective pixels: 16
- Total pixels: 16.79
- Recorded resolutions
- Still: 16M (4608x3456), 12M (1:1, 3456x3456), 12M (16:9, 4608x2592), 7M (3072x2304), 5M (16:9, 3072x1728), 5M (2592x1944), 4M (16:9, 2592x1464), 3M (2048x1536), 2M (16:9, 1920x1080), 1024 (1024x768), VGA (640x480)
- Movie: HD (1920x1080p30, 1280x720p60/30), VGA (640x480p30)
- Quality levels: Still: *** best, ** better, * good, Movie: fixed
- Type/construction: PENTAX zoom lens, 11 elements, 9 groups (5 aspheric elements), protective cover w SP coating
- Optical zoom: 5X
- Focal length (equiv.): 5-25mm (28-140mm)
- Digital zoom: 7.2X
- Combined zoom: 36X
- Intelligent zoom: Approx 7.5X at 7M to 36X at VGA
- Aperture: F3.5-5.5
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus, AF assist lamp, Macro Illuminating LEDs
- Focus modes: 9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity Landscape, Pan Focus, Manual Focus
- Manual focus: Yes
- Macro focus: Yes, Macro and Super Macro available
- Focus lock: Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way
- Normal: 1.64' to infinity
- Macro: 0.33 to 1.97'
- Super Macro: 0.03 (1cm) to 0.98' (at mid-zoom, set automatically)
- Wide angle viewable: Yes (approx 170° horizontal/vertical)
- Viewfinder: n/a
- LCD screen: 3 widescreen TFT color LCD w anti-reflective coating on cover
- LCD resolution: HVGA 460,000 dots
- Type: Built-in series control auto flash
- Flash modes: Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Auto + Redeye, On + Redeye
- Effective range: 18' (wide, auto ISO), 11 (tele, auto ISO)
- Internal memory: 88.2 MB
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI (Micro, Type-D)
- Video out: NTSC, PAL, HD (HDMI supports HD Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Printer interfaces: n/a
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI92
- Recordable images: Approx 260
- Playback time: Approx 240 min
- Movie recording time: Approx 70 min
- Audio recording time: Approx 270 min
- AC adapter available: Yes (optional)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.8 x 2.4 x 1.2-in.
- Weight:Without battery or removable memory: 6.1 oz (non-GPS), 6.2 oz (GPS), Loaded and ready: 6.8 oz (non-GPS), 7.0 oz (GPS)
- Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic w aluminum accents
- Operating temperature: 14-104°F (coldproof)
- Ruggedized features: Waterproof (40'), Shockproof (5'), Crushproof (220 LBF), Coldproof (-10°C), Dustproof (JIS 6)
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified/Traditional Chinese
- Still: Pixel Track SR, Digital SR
- Movie: Movie SR
- Type: TTL
- Multi-segment: Yes
- Center weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure compensation: ± 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- Auto: 125-6400 auto range adjustable
- Manual: 125-6400
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten, Fluorescent
- Manual mode(s): Yes
- Type: Programmed AE mechanical and electronic shutter mechanism
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec in Night Scene mode)
- Mode selection: Auto Picture, Program, Night Scene, Handheld Night Snap (ISO 125-1600), Movie, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Digital Microscope (2M), Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Interval Shot, Interval Movie, High Speed Movie (VGA, 120 FPS capture, 30 FPS playback), Digital SR, Surf & Snow, Kids, Pet, Sport, Candlelight, Fireworks, Night Scene Portrait, Text, Food, Digital Wide (5M), Digital Panorama (2M per frame), Frame Composite (3M or 2M), Report (1280x960, ISO 125-1600), Green (ISO 125-1600), Voice Recording (via reprogrammable Green button)
- Auto Picture modes: Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, Sport, Candlelight, Blue Sky, Sunset, Text, Group Photo, Pet, Portrait x Blue Sky, Portrait x Sunset, Portrait x Backlight
- Custom Image modes: Bright, Natural, Monochrome
- Green simplified mode available: Yes (ISO 125-1600)
- Face detection available: Yes (up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink Detection, Self Portrait Assist, Self Portrait Assist + Smile Capture, Pet Recognition (1 face detect, 3 faces pre-registered)
- PASMB: P
- Date stamp: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital filters (capture): n/a
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: Yes (highlight and shadow correction)
- File/Folder customization: Folder name (date, PENTX, custom), file name (IMGP, custom)
- Digital level: n/a
- Mode selection: One Shot, Self Timer (10s, 2s), Continuous, Burst, Remote Control (3s, 0s), Auto Bracket
- Continuous FPS: Approx 1.0 FPS, Burst 10 FPS for up to 30 frames (5M or 4M)
- Multi-exposure: n/a
- Interval: Interval Shot, Interval Movie, High Speed Movie (VGA, 120 FPS capture, 30 FPS playback)
- HDR: Available as a playback filter
- Mode selection: One Shot, Index (6 or 12 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 10X, scrollable), Movie Playback, Sound Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar
- Mode pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, HDR Filter, Original Frame (5M or 4M), Frame Composite (3M or 2M), Movie Edit, Redeye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image & Sound Copy, Voice Memo, Protect, DPOF, Startup Screen, Faze Zooming
- Digital filters (playback): B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Color Extract, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fisheye, Brightness, Miniature
- Movie edit: Save as Still Image, Movie Divide, Title Picture
- Still: JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0, PIM III
- Movie (compression): MP4 (AVC h.264)
- Sound: WAV (PCM), monaural
- For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP(SP3), Vista, 7, USB port
- Mac: MacOS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, USB port
-USB Cable I-USB7
-Battery Charger Kit K-BC92U
-Macro Stand O-MS1
-Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-LI92
-Carabiner Strap O-ST124 (for non-GPS)
-Software CD-ROM S-SW125