- 12.30 Megapixels
- 28mm Fixed Local Length
- 23.6x15.7mm CMOS
- GR Engine 3
- 20cm Minimum Shooting Distance
- Noise Reduction
A superb balance of quick-shooting ability and power of expression.
With this 28 mm fixed focal length lens, the more pictures you take, the more you will experience the joy of expressing yourself through photography. Why? Because this is a camera unit that can handle both a quick-shooting style and a slower style that aims for expressive images emphasizing perspective. Deep depth of field enables pan-focus shooting by stopping down the aperture. The satisfaction of being able to trip the shutter the instant the camera is pointed is one of the attractions of a wide-angle lens. At the same time, there are also dynamic composition possibilities, such as getting in close so the subject is large while an expansive background stretches out behind. With ordinary wide-angle lenses there are problems with image degradation near the edge, but by giving top priority to image quality in the design, such worries have been eliminated in GR LENS A12 28mm. This is an excellent choice for use as your regular lens.
High resolution and high contrast all the way to the edge.
GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5 optics feature a newly developed 6-group, 9-element configuration. The use of two aspherical lenses as well as a special low-dispersion lens has made it possible to effectively correct for various types of aberrations. The wide-angle lens phenomena of image degradation and loss of resolution and contrast at the periphery have been suppressed to provide sharp image depiction across the entire photo. In addition, the adoption of a floating lens structure has made it possible to provide superior optical performance at all focal distances. This lens achieves image quality worthy of the GR LENS name.
Use all the power of the lens. Large CMOS sensor.
The larger the image sensor, the more beautiful the bokeh and the greater the expressive power for a sense of atmosphere and three-dimensionality in the image. GR LENS A12 28mm has a large 23.6 × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor. With this ample APS-C size, you can take full advantage of the optical performance of the GR LENS. Widen your range of expression with techniques such as shooting with the large F2.5 aperture wide open to blur the background. GR ENGINE III is featured as the image processing engine. Through its intelligent processing of the rich image data provided by the high-performance lens and large image sensor, GR LENS A12 28mm creates low-noise, high-quality images with superior tone gradations and resolution.
Quickly catch the subject. High-speed, high-precision AF
The speed at which the image sensor output signal is read has become a bottleneck for speeding up AF done using the contrast AF technique in which the image sensor does the focus detection. The GR LENS A12 28mm CMOS sensor can handle accelerated AF speeds. The adoption of a new drive mode has also contributed to this camera units quick, satisfying AF. When spot AF is selected, a pinpoint setting can be utilized for the AF area. The resulting smaller-than-normal AF area lets you precisely focus on a single point.
Continuous shooting and HD movie functions for diverse expression
Nimble continuous shooting functions shoot at up to 4 frames/sec. even when RAW image size is selected (noise reduction set to Off or Weak). The shooting of high definition (HD) movies up to a size of 1280×720 (aspect ratio 16:9; frame rate 24 frames/sec.) is also possible.
Manual focus ring enables subtle focus adjustments
With the manual focus ring, you can smoothly make fine focus adjustments after AF focusing is done. Focus quickly and easily even when moving up close to the subject and shooting at a wide-open F2.5 aperture to get beautiful bokeh. *GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5 does not have macro shooting, macro target, auto macro, or macro minimum shooting distance display functions.
Noise reduction for beautiful results at high sensitivities.
Since high-quality images are possible even with ISO sensitivity set quite high, you can obtain beautiful pictures even in nightscape and indoor shooting.
Performing with light and shadow. When using External TTL Flash GF-1
It utilizes an original TTL flash technique to provide precise flash exposure with auxiliary flash.
Great for preventing hand-motion blur. When using Cable Switch CA-1.
The cable switch is effective for scenes where hand-motion blur tends to occur and also for long exposures when using a tripod for nightscapes or macro shooting.
AE/AF Target mode,Frame photos however you want.
In both normal and macro shooting, the AE (exposure) and AF (focus) targets can be shifted alone or together to any position on the screen.
- Model: Ricoh GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5
- Type:Digital Hybrid ILC
- Type: CCD
- Size: 1/1.7" (7.6mm x 5.7mm)
- Effective pixels (total pixels): 10 MP (10.4 MP)
- Dust Removal: n/a (camera module is fully dust sealed)
- Pixel mapping: n/a
- Type: Vibration Correction
- Type/construction: Macro/RICOH lens, 11 elements, 7 groups (4 aspheric elements)
- Optical zoom: 3X
- Focal length (equiv.): 5.1mm - 15.3mm (24mm - 72mm)
- Digital zoom: 4X w auto-resize 5.7X VGA
- Aperture: F2.5-4.4
- Filter diameter: 43mm (only w / optional HA-3 hood)
- Type: TTL contrast-detection AF system, AF assist lamp
- Focus modes: Multi AF, Spot AF, Manual, Snap, Infinity
- Focus point adjustment: Auto, User-Selectable (AF and/or AE points), Center
- Focus lock: Yes
- Focus Assist: Yes
- Type: TTL CCD w/ AE Lock
- Metering patterns (multi, center, spot): Multi 256, Center, Spot
- Exposure compensation: ±4 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Exposure lock: Yes
- Exposure bracketing: ±2 EV (3 frames, 1/2 or 1/3 steps, individual image exposure adjustable)
- Type: Programmed AE mechanical and electronic shutter mechanism
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 to 180 sec (timed exposure and Bulb mode available), shutter speed range varies w shooting mode
- LCD screen type/size: 3-in. transparent LCD, auto brightness control available
- LCD resolution: 920,000 dots
- LCD framerate: TBD
- Wide angle viewable: Yes
- Viewfinder: Yes via hotshoe mounted external digital or optical viewfinder (sold separately)
- Type: Built-in series control auto flash
- GN:9.6 (ISO 200) / 6.8 (ISO 100) in meters
- Flash modes: Flash Off, Auto, Redeye, Flash On, Slow Sync, Manual
- Effective range: 8-in. - 15' (wide) 6-in. - 8' (tele) (auto ISO)
- Flash exposure compensation: ± 2 EV (1/2 or 1/3 steps)
- Type: Hotshoe (P-TTL)
- Internal memory: 86 MB
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI (Mini, Type C)
- Video out: NTSC, PAL, HD (HDMI supports AD Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Microphone: Built-in monaural
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery DB-90
- Recordable images: Approx 410 (CIPA)
- AC adapter available: Yes (sold separately)
- Body dimensions (W x H x D): 4.5 x 2.8 x 1.5"
- Camera module/mount dimensions (W x H x D): 2.7 x 2.3 x 1.5"
- Body weight- Without battery or removable memory: 5.6 oz ;Loaded and ready: 7.1 oz
- Camera module/mount weight: 5.7oz.
- Body primary construction material(s): Magnesium alloy
- Camera module/mount primary construction material(s): Magnesium alloy
- Operating temperature: 32-104°F
- Recorded resolutions:16:9: 10M (3648x2048), 7M (3264x1840),4:3: 10M (3648x2736), 7M (3264x2448), 5M (2592x1944), 3M (2048×1536), 1M (1280×960), VGA (640x480),3:2: 10M (3648x2432), 8M (3264x2176),1:1: 10M (2736x2736), 5M (2448x2448)
- Quality levels: RAW (DNG), F (fine), N (normal)
- File formats: RAW (DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, PIM III
- Color space: sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Auto: 200-400 (w/o flash), 200-800 (w flash),Auto Hi
- Manual: 100-3200
- Type: Image sensor detection
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Multi-Pattern Auto, Outdoors, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Detail, WB Bracketing
- Manual mode(s): Yes
- WB fine adjustment: ± 8 steps B-A axis or G-M axis
- Mode selection: Auto, Program Shift (P), Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), Manual (M), Scene, My Settings (My1, My2, My3)
- Scene modes: Movie, Portrait, Sports, Landscape, Nightscape, Skew Correction, Zoom Macro
- Image Settings: Vivid, Standard, Natural, Black & White, B&W (TE), Setting 1, Setting 2
- Green simplified mode available: n/a
- Face detection available: n/a
- PASMB: P, A, S, M, B
- Date stamp: Yes (date, date & time)
- Digital filters (capture): n/a (see Image Settings above)
- Bracketing options: Exposure, White Balance, color, ISO
- Dynamic range adjustment: n/a
- Digital level: Horizontal tilt
- File/Folder customization: Embed copyright
- Mode selection: Single, Continuous (Continuous, M-Cont Hi, M-Cont Lo), Self-Timer (10s, 2s, custom 1-10 shots at 5-10 sec intervals)
- Continuous fps: Approx 4 fps (NR set to weak or strong), M-Cont Hi last 30 frames at 30 fps at 640x480 saved in multi-image file, M-Cont Lo last 15 frames at 1.6 fps at 3648x2736 saved in multi-image file.
- Multi-exposure: n/a
- Interval: Unlimited shots, 5s to 1h interval in 5s increments
- HDR: n/a
- Cable switch: Yes (sold separately)
- Mode selection: One Shot (no data, basic data, basic data w bright/dark indication, full data w/ histogram), Index (20 or 81 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 16X, scrollable, quick magnification), Calendar, Select & Delete, Movie Playback (no data, basic data)
- Mode pallet: Flag Function Setting, Flag Function Display, Resize, Trim, Level Compensation, WB Compensation, Skew Correction, Slideshow, Protect, Copy to Card, DPOF, Export Still Images, Recover File
- Digital filters (playback): n/a
- Recorded resolutions/FPS: 640x480p30, 320x240p30
- Quality levels: Fixed
- File formats (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)
- Sound: WAV (PCM, 32 KHz), Monaural (16 bit)
- Maximum Uninterrupted Recording Size: 4GB
- Image Settings: n/a
- Digital filters (capture): n/a
- Interval movie: n/a
- Movie editing functions: n/a
-Ricoh GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5
-RICOH USB Cable (USB Mini Type B)
-RICOH Li-Ion Battery DB-90
-RICOH Battery Charger BJ-9
-RICOH Strap ST-3
-Hotshoe Cover FK (Pentax part)