- 50 mm fixed-focal-length lens.
- New system enables higher dimension of optical performance
- 23.6 mm × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor
- Maximum 1/2x magnification for full-fledged close-up photography.
The fundamental lens for photography. 50 mm fixed-focal-length lens.
The GR LENS A12 50 mm lens has a focal length of 50 mm. Part of its appeal is that it gives a natural visual field with an angle of view nearly the same as the human eye. The 50 mm focal length is one of the most basic for candid photography. Compared to a wide-angle lens, a suitable distance is maintained from the subject, and the photographer is able to chat with the subject and elicit natural expressions to capture the person in a candid way without undue attention being paid to the camera. GR LENS A12 50 mm is also a macro lens. The photographer can enjoy close-up photography to a maximum magnification of 1/2x and, from a wide open aperture setting, obtain images with excellent sharpness and high contrast and resolution to the edge.
New system enables higher dimension of optical performance.
GR LENS A12 50 mm has a lens configuration of 8 groups and 9 elements. As a standard macro lens, there is nothing particularly unusual about this configuration, but making good use of the new system's advantage of not having to accommodate back focal length, we were able to design the refractive capabilities of each element in a more efficient and practical manner. Partly thanks to the use of a large-diameter aspherical element, this lens achieves a superior level of edge-to-edge resolution and image quality unimaginable for its small size. In addition, there is little vignetting so richly luminous, natural-form bokeh extends to the edge. The floating structure corrects various types of aberrations that tend to occur in close-up photography. Even at the minimum shooting distance, this lens gives excellent definition and sharpness worthy of the GR LENS name.
Beautiful bokeh and imaging power. 23.6 mm × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor.
Even with the focal length unchanged, the larger the image sensor, the richer the bokeh that can be obtained. GR LENS A12 50 mm uses a 23.6 mm × 15.7 mm CMOS sensor, which is capable of making full use of superior GR LENS optical performance. With the low level of color and frame aberrations even near the edge of the image, refined bokeh can be enjoyed with the aperture wide open, and stopping down gives comfortably crisp resolution. In addition, the wide dynamic range and resolving power of the approximately 12.30 million effective pixels enhance the reproducibility of details and delicate tonal nuances. The result is high image quality that is more than adequate for large-format prints.
Maximum 1/2x magnification for full-fledged close-up photography.
Close-up photography at a maximum magnification of 1/2x is possible. Making good use of this magnification ratio, the photographer can enjoy greater freedom in creative close-up shots, moving back a bit to light the subject so it is not in the camera's shadow. The minimum shooting distance is approximately 7 cm from the front of the lens.
Beautifully shoot and relive the excitement. High definition (HD) movie function.
GR LENS A12 50 mm can shoot HD movies. Image size is 1280×720, aspect ratio 16:9, and frame rate 24 frames/second. Utilizing the high sensitivity (maximum ISO 3200) and the bokeh enabled by the F2.5 aperture and the large image sensor, it is possible to create impressive movies with a different feel than those of standard video cameras. The GXR body has an HDMI connector, and for large-screen viewing of the movies shot, the GXR can be connected to TVs supporting HDMI.
Manual focus ring provided. Superior operability.
Particularly when doing close-up photography, the higher the magnification ratio, the narrower the subject depth of field so it can be easier to focus manually (MF) than automatically (AF). GR LENS A12 50 mm has a manual focus ring. When MF is selected as the focus setting, quick and intuitive focusing is possible using the focus ring. In addition, if the focus ring setting selected is AF+MF, after the AF focusing is done it is possible to turn the focus ring to make fine adjustments to the focus.
- Model: RICOH GR Lens A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO
- Type: Digital Hybrid ILC
- Approximately 12.3 million
- 23.6 mm x 15.7 mm CMOS (total pixels: approx. 12.9 million)
- 33 mm (35 mm format equivalent: 50mm)
- (f-number) f/2.5 - f/22 (ND filter used for apertures of f/22 in auto shooting mode)
- Normal shooting: Approx. 30 cm - infinity
- Macro shooting: Approx. 7 cm - infinity (maximum magnification 1/2x)
- Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (1 aspherical lens element with 2 surfaces)
- 40.5 mm
- 4.0x digital zoom
- 3.6x for movies
- 5.9x auto resize zoom (VGA)
- Contrast AF-based multi and spot AF; MF; Snap; infinity (focus lock and AF-assist)
- Photographs: 180 - 1/3200 s (upper and lower limits vary according to shooting and flash mode)
- Movies 1/30 - 1/2000 s
- Metering: TTL-CCD metering in multi (256-segment), center-weighted, and spot modes with autoexposure lock
- Mode: Program AE, aperture priority AE, manual exposure, shutter priority AE, move target function
- Exposure Compensation: Manual (+4.0 to -4.0 EV in increments 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV), auto bracketing (-2 EV to +2 EV in increments 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV)
- AUTO, AUTO-HI, ISO200/ISO400/ISO800/ISO1600/ISO3200
- Auto / Multi-P AUTO / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent Lamp / Fluorescent Lamp / Manual Settings / Detail; white balance Bracketing
- Approx. 20 cm - 3.0 m (ISO auto)
- Auto / program shift / aperture priority / shutter priority / manual /scene (movie, portrait, sports, landscape, nightscape, skew correction) / "My Settings"
- Number of pictures shot in Continuous: (Picture Size: RAW) Noise Reduction off or on (Weak): 4 pictures Noise Reduction on (Strong): 3 pictures
- Number of pictures shot in M-Cont Plus (1 set) HI (1280 x 854): 30 pictures (24 Frames/Sec) LO (4228 x 2848): 15 pictures (3 Frames/Sec)
- FINE, NORMAL, RAW (DNG)
- Photographs: 16:9- 4288 x 2416, 3456 x 1944 4:3- 3776 x 2832, 3072 x 2304, 2592 x 1944, 2048 x 1536, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480 3:2- 4288 x 2848, 3456 x 2304 1:1- 2848 x 2848, 2304 x 2304
- Movies (24 Frames/Sec) 1280 x 720, 640 x 480, 320 x 240
- RAW- 16:9 NORMAL: 17,800 KB/frame, FINE: 19,515 KB/frame, VGA: 15,587 KB/frame 4:3 NORMAL: 18,387 KB/frame, FINE: 20,157 KB/frame, VGA: 16,124 KB/frame 3:2 NORMAL: 20,946 KB/frame, FINE: 22,967 KB/frame, VGA: 18,337 KB/frame 1:1 NORMAL: 13,991 KB/frame, FINE: 15,333 KB/frame, VGA: 12,273 KB/frame
- L- 16:9 NORMAL: 2,222 KB/frame, FINE: 3,816 KB/frame 4:3 NORMAL: 2,315 KB/frame, FINE: 3,960 KB/frame 3:2 NORMAL: 2,615 KB/frame, FINE: 4,493 KB/frame 1:1 NORMAL: 1,761 KB/frame, FINE: 3,009 KB/frame
- M- 16:9 NORMAL: 1,475 KB/frame, FINE: 2,509 KB/frame 4:3 NORMAL: 1,574 KB/frame, FINE: 2,662 KB/frame 3:2 NORMAL: 1,744 KB/frame, FINE: 2,968 KB/frame 1:1 NORMAL: 1,186 KB/frame, FINE: 2,003 KB/frame
- 5M- 4:3 FINE: 2,287 KB/frame
- 3M- 4:3 FINE: 1,474 KB/frame
- 1M- 4:3 FINE: 812 KB/frame
- VGA- 4:3 FINE: 197 KB/frame
- DB-90: approx. 320 shots
- Camera unit only: 68.7 mm x 57.9 mm x 71.3 mm (including the lens barrel; Excluding the connector)
- When mounted on the camera body: 113.9 mm x 70.2 mm x 77.1 mm (including the lens barrel)
- Camera unit only: 263 g (not including the lens cap or Connector cap)
- When mounted on the camera body: 423 g (not including the Battery, memory card, neck strap, connector cap, or lens cap)
- 0 °C to 40 °C
- 85% or less
- -20 °C to 60 °C
-Ricoh GR Lens A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO
-Ricoh USB Cable (USB Mini Type B)
-Ricoh Li-Ion Battery DB-90
-Ricoh Battery Charger BJ-9
-Ricoh Strap ST-3
-Hotshoe Cover FK (Pentax part)