- 10 Megapixels
- 28mm/F 1.9 Single Focus
- 1/1.7 Inch CCD
- 3.0 – inch VGA LCD
- Hybrid Autofocus System
- Long Operation 390 shot
Quick shooting capabilities combined with precision focus. Hybrid Autofocus System.
The GR DIGITAL IV employs a hybrid autofocus system that combines an external auto focus with a conventional contrast autofocus system. It is newly equipped with an external autofocus sensor developed in-house that allows for high-speed, high-precision distance calculations for up to 190 points. The camera needs as little as 0.2 seconds for the autofocus to adjust, approximately half the time for the GR DIGITAL III. The scan area for contrast autofocusing is limited so the external autofocus sensor can adjust the focus even if you do not half-press the shutter-release button, allowing for more rapid focus adjustments than previous models. Improvements to the algorithm have increased the speed-as much as doubled it-even for macro autofocusing that uses only the contrast autofocus system.
Ricoh's original quick snap mode, enhanced by external autofocus.
We have added a Snap mode in which you set the focus at a preset distance, so you can take photos with a time lag we have cut thoroughly. One of the focus distances you can choose from on the GR DIGITAL IV is Auto. This permits very fast, very precise focus adjustments made by the external autofocus sensor alone. You can take photos without having to worry about the distance to the subject. Using Full Press Snap, the camera rapidly calculates the distance using the hybrid autofocus if you pause with the shutter-release button pressed halfway, and using only the external autofocus if the shutter release is pressed all the way down in one motion. High-precision focusing has been added to the GR's characteristic quick shooting functionality
Portrays subjects in motion vividly. New function: AF Continuous Shooting
While the shutter-release button is pressed, the camera can take a series of photos while adjusting its focus on the subject using the external autofocus. The camera also still provides set-focus continuous shooting, S-Cont (stream continuous) shooting, and M-Cont (memory-reversal continuous) shooting.
Improved performance in dark scenes. Blur correction feature
The first model in the GR DIGITAL line equipped with an image sensor shift image stabilization feature. Coupled with a bright F1.9 lens, this camera performs even better than previous models under dark conditions. The stabilization effect amounts to as much as 3.2 steps* calculated in terms of shutter speed.
ISO sensitivity settings respond flexibly to what you want to photograph and where
The highest possible ISO setting is 3200 (the maximum for the GR DIGITAL III was 1600); the EV can be set in steps of 1 EV or 1/3 EV. Furthermore, using ISO Auto Hi, in addition to setting an upper limit of ISO sensitivity, you can now also set shutter speeds where the ISO sensitivity changes. For example, if the shutter speed is set to 1/60, the camera will maintain that speed as it adjusts ISO sensitivity. This makes it easy to control the camera to match what you want, like when you want to use a fast shutter speed so the subject will not be blurry.
New image monitor with a much higher maximal brightness that's easy to view even outdoors
The maximum brightness of the new image monitor has been increased about 1.7 times over that of the GR DIGITAL III; visibility outdoors accordingly has been greatly improved. If the brightness controller is set to Auto, the brightness of the image monitor will adjust automatically in accordance with the brightness of the subject. The size is an easily viewed 3-inch screen (approximately 1.23 million-dot VGA). The wide viewing angle allows for viewing from various directions. In addition, the distance information calculated by the external autofocus sensor can now be displayed as necessary, helping to improve convenience and comfort level.
Ricoh GR IV Compact Digital Camera (Black)Compact Digital Camera Specifications
- Approximately 10.00 million pixels
- 1/1.7-inch CCD
- total pixels: approx. 10.40 million pixels
- Focal length f=6.0 mm
- F-aperture F1.9 F9
- Approx. 30 cm - infinity; Macro : Approx. 1 cm infinity
- Lens Construction 8 elements in 6 groups
- Digital Zoom Approx. 4.0x; Auto Resize Zoom: Approx. 5.7x (VGA images)
- Multi AF (Hybrid AF) / Spot AF (Hybrid AF) /Subj. Tracking/ Manual Focus / Snap / Infinity
- Image sensor shift-type image stabilization function
- Still image Bulb, Time ,180, 120, 60, 30, 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1 - 1/2000 sec.
- Movie 1/30 - 1/2000 sec.
- Continuous shooting speed= Approximately 1.54 frames/second
- Maximum continuous shots 999
- Exposure Metering Modes: Multi (256 segments), Centre Weighted Light Metering, Spot Metering (TTL-CCD metering method, AE lock possible)
- Exposure Modes: Program shift AE / Aperture priority AE / Manual Exposure / Shutter priority AE Exposure
- Exposure Compensation: Manual Exposure Compensation ±2.0EV (1/3EV Steps), Auto Bracket Function (-0.5EV, ±0, +0.5EV / -0.3EV, ±0, +0.3EV)
- (Standard Output Sensitivity) AUTO, AUTO-HI, ISO80 3200 (1EV, 1/3EV, selectable steps)
- AUTO / Multi-Pattern AUTO / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent 1 / Fluorescent 2 / Manual / Detail, White Balance Bracket Function
- Built-in flash mode: Flash On, Auto, Red-eye-Reduction, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Manual Flash, Flash Off
- Built-in flash range: Approx. 20 cm - 3.0 m (ISO Auto)
- Flash compensation: ±2.0EV (1/3EV Steps)
- Charging time: Approximately 5 seconds
- 3.0-inch Transparent LCD (approx. 1,230,000 dots)
- Modes: Auto Shooting Mode / Program Shift Mode / Aperture Priority Mode / Shutter Speed Priority Mode / Manual Exposure Mode / Scene Modes (Dynamic Range / Movie / Skew Correction / Interval Composite) / My Settings Mode
- Vivid, Standard, Setting1/Setting2, B&W, B&W (TE), High Contrast B&W, Cross Process, Positive Film, Bleach Bypass
- F (Fine) / N (Normal) / RAW (DNG file format)
- Still image: 3648×2736, 3648×2432, 2736×2736, 3648×2048, 3264×2448, 2592×1944, 2048×1536, 1280×960, 640×480
- Movie: 640x480, 320x240
- SD memory card, SDHC memory card, Internal memory (approx. 40MB)
- Eye-Fi cards (X2 series) can be used
- Still image: 3648×2736 (RAW: 2, F: 10, N: 17) / 3648×2432 (RAW: 2, F: 11, N: 19) / 2736×2736 (RAW: 2, F: 13, N: 23) / 3648×2048 (RAW: 2, F: 13, N: 23 ) /3264×2448 (F: 12) / 2592×1944 (F: 15) / 2048×1536 (F: 24) / 1280×960 (F:43) / 640×480 (F: 158)
- Movie: 640×480: 30 frames/sec. (22 sec.), 640×480: 15 frames/sec. (43 sec.), 320×240: 30 frames/sec. (54 sec.), 320×240: 15 frames/sec. (1 min. 38 sec.)
- Still Image: JPEG (Exif ver. 2.3) , RAW (DNG)
- Movie: AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG Format compliant)
- Compression method: JPEG Baseline method compliant (still images, movies)
- Continuous / AF-Cont / S-Cont / M-Cont / Self-Timer (operation time: approx. 2 sec. / custom) / Interval Shooting (shooting interval: 5 sec. to 1 hour, in 5-second increments) / Image Setting Bracket / Dynamic Range Compensation Bracketing / Contrast Bracketing / Color Space Setting / AE/AF Target Movement / Camera Shake Correction / Dynamic Range Compensation / Multiple Exposure Shooting / Noise Reduction / Histogram / Grid Guide / Depth of Field / Electronic Level / Hot Shoe
- Auto Rotate / Grid View / Enlarged Display (maximum 16x) / Slideshow / Resize / Trim / DPOF settings Interface USB and AV output terminal: USB 2.0 compliant, mass storage compliant / HDMI micro output terminal: Type D Video Signal Format NTSC, PAL switchable
- Rechargeable Battery DB-65 (3.6V) x1, AAA Dry Alkaline Battery x2, AAA Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery x 2, AC adapter (AC-4c option) 3.8V
- Approx. 390 pictures / Using AAA Dry Alkaline Battery x2, approx. 30 pictures
- 108.6 mm (W) x 59.8 mm (H) x 32.5 mm (D) (CIPA-conformant)
- Approx. 219 g(including the supplied battery and SD memory card),Approx. 190 g(body only)
-Instruction manuals -Rechargeable battery