- 85mm focal length for full-frame format
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture
- 8 blade iris for attractive bokeh
- Geared focus and aperture control rings
- "Declicked" aperture control ring
- Minimum focus distance of 3.6'
- Internal focusing mitigates lens breathing
- Aspheric lens element limits spherical aberration
- Lens multi-coating improves transmission
The Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens produces a slightly telephoto angle-of-view on full-frame sensors. It features a very fast maximum aperture of T1.5 and an 8 blade iris, for shallow depth of field with attractive bokeh. The focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been "declicked", which facilitates smooth iris pulls.
The 85mm has a minimum focus distance of 3.6'. Internal focusing minimizes the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations. In addition, a multi-coated elements help improve light transmission.
- Focal Length: 85mmMaximum Aperture: F1.4Coverage: Full Frame (FX)Optical Construction: 9 Glass elements in 7 GroupsAperture Range: F1.4-22Diaphragm Blades: 8Coating: Ultra Multi-CoatingMinimum Focusing Distance: 3.3ft(1.0m)Filter Size: 72mmLens Hood: RemovableMaximum Diameter: 3.1" (78mm)Weight: 19.05oz (540g)Length: 2.94" (74.7mm)