- 85mm focal length for full-frame format
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture
- 8 blade iris for attractive bokeh
- Geared focus and aperture control rings
- "Declicked" aperture control ring
- Minimum focus distance of 3.6'
- Internal focusing mitigates lens breathing
- Aspheric lens element limits spherical aberration
- Lens multi-coating improves transmission
The Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens produces a slightly telephoto angle-of-view on full-frame sensors. It features a very fast maximum aperture of T1.5 and an 8 blade iris, for shallow depth of field with attractive bokeh. The focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been "declicked", which facilitates smooth iris pulls.
The 85mm has a minimum focus distance of 3.6'. Internal focusing minimizes the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations. In addition, a multi-coated elements help improve light transmission.
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Maximum Aperture: T1.5
- Coverage: Full Frame (FX)
- Optical Construction: 9 Glass Elements In 7 Groups
- Aperture Range: T1.5 to T22
- Diaphragm Blades: 8
- Coating: Ultra Multi-Coating
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 3.6ft (1.1m)
- Filter Size: 72mm
- Lens Hood: Removable
- Maximum Diameter: 3.1" (78mm)
- Weight: 21.3oz (605g)
- Length: 3.97" (100.7mm)