17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
- Designed exclusively for use with smaller chip APS-c cameras
- Offers Sigmas OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation
- Close focusing down to only 8.7-in. away for a 1:2.7 magnification which is approximately ½ life size
- Three aspherical & ELD glass elements provide critical sharpness & low distortion
- A Super Multi-Coating is used to reduce the occurrence of flare & ghosting and delivers high performance across the entire focusing range
- A lens hood and front & rear lens caps are included with the lens.
Sigmas 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is the practical zoom! A large-aperture, standard zoom lens for digital cameras with an open-aperture value of F2.8 (at 17mm) and covers the most frequently used focal lengths. With an aperture fast enough to be used in many light situations, its close focusing for use with very small object and its outstanding optical performance make this an ideal all-around lens for landscapes, portraits, still life studies, group shots and just about any everyday photo situation. The OS, Sigmas anti shake feature, offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. The OS feature allows Sony and Pentax users the option of viewing a stabilized image in the viewfinder, a feature offered only by Sigma. HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF capability. With a faster aperture than the typical camera kit lens it is an excellent choice for the photographer who has higher expectations for their photo equipment.
Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC OS Macro HSM Lens for Sigma Specifications
Lens Construction Angle of View Number of Diaphragm Blades Mininum Aperture Minimum Focusing Distance Filter Size (mm) Maximum Magnifications Dimensions
- (Diameter x Length) 79-88.9 mm/3.1x3.5 in
Corresponding Mounts Nikon Canon Sony/Minolta Pentax
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens