- Superior, class leading imaging performance using an innovative XGM lens element
- Enhanced sharpness with exclusive VC image stabilization when shooting handheld in low light or at night
- eBAND Coating provides superior anti-reflection properties
- 15-30mm zoom covers both ultra-wide and semi-wide-angle focal lengths
- Fascinating background "bokeh" throughout the wide-angle range due to its fast constant F/2.8 aperture
- Proven fluorine coating utilizing Tamron's industrial lens expertise is used on the front element
- Flexible, high-performance focusing with USD
- Lens hood designed to prevent light from striking lens at all focal lengths
- Double-hood structure provides additional strength
- Comes with "SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron", RAW image processing software customized for Tamron SP lenses
Superb corner-to-corner image quality from an ultra-wide-angle zoom.
Tamron aims for the highest standards with the SP (Super Performance) lens series. And the new 15-30mm F/2.8 full-frame ultra-wide-angle zoom is a worthy addition. This high-performance zoom lens equals the performance of fixed focal length lenses from 15mm to 30mm, an unprecedented achievement made possible by the development of its unique XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element that effectively controls aberrations and enhances sharpness. In addition, the 15-30mm is the first zoom to combine such a wide range of coverage, a fast F/2.8 aperture, and to offer image stabilization, further proof of Tamron's commitment to innovation and excellence.
XGM lens element for exquisite images.
A large diameter XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element is placed in the first lens group of a system that also includes several LD (Low Dispersion) elements in its 18-element, 13-group optical design. This combination effectively controls distortion and chromatic aberrations that typically affect wide-angle lenses.
eBAND and BBAR Coating.
Tamron's proprietary eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating suppresses tangential reflections, while a new generation of BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been optimized for ultra-wide angles of view. Together, they effectively correct ghosting and flare, yielding vivid images of extraordinary clarity.
Vibration Compensation enhances photo opportunities.
Responding to the demand for a wide-angle lens suited for handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds, Tamron has created the world's first F/2 .8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with image stabilization. The result is a lens able to capture sharp images even when shooting handheld under low light conditions.
Soft-focus backgrounds at wide-angle settings.
Thanks to its large F/2.8 aperture, this lens lets you soften the foreground or background to dramatically emphasize the subject. And with a minimum focusing distance of 0.28m over its entire focal-length range, it can capture wide-macro effects.
Fluorine coated front element.
Since its large diameter and prominent convex profile prevents deployment of a protective filter, the front element of this lens has a fluorine coating that repels water and dirt, and makes it much easier to remove smudges as well.
Resistant to the elements.
Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
Ultrasonic Silent Drive for precise, and quiet autofocus.
The quiet high-torque USD motor ensures autofocusing with precision.
- Focal Length: 15-30mm
- Maximum Aperture : F/2.8
- Angle of view (diagonal) : 110° 32'~71°35' (for full frame format), 85°52'~49°54' (for APS-C format)
- Lens Construction : 18 elements in 13 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance : 11in. (0.28m)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:5
- Filter Size: n/a
- Maximum Diameter: Ø98.4mm
- Length: 5.7in. (145mm)
- Weight : 38.8 oz. (1,100g)
- No. of Diaphragm Blades : 9 (circular diaphragm)(6)
- Minimum Aperture : F/22
- Standard Accessories : Lens caps (push-on front & rear)