- Absorbs virtually all UV light
- Reduces haze more than Haze-1
- Perfect for use in high altitudes and along bodies of water
- Ideal for aerial shots, mountain scenes and marine scenes
- Maintains color and image clarity
- Protects your camera or camcorder lens against dust, moisture, fingerprints, scratches and damage
- Can be kept on your camera at all times
These filters absorb Ultra Violet (UV) light. Film is more sensitive to Ultra Violet light than our eyes. This often shows up as a haze or a bluish cast, especially when shot from high altitudes and from long distances, particularly over water. UV filters also help protect your lens from dust, moisture, fingerprints, scratches and damage from cleaning. Since they absorb no normal light and have no effect on color or contrast, they can be kept on your lens at all times. Tiffen Ultra Violet filters are available in a variety of absorbtion levels and sizes.
UV filter - Standard UV. Most popular protection filter.
UV MC - Multi coated for extra flare protection.
UV Warm - Combines UV with Tiffen's '812' warming filter.
Haze 1 - Absorbs 75% of UV light.
Haze 2 - Absorbs 100% of UV light.
Haze 15 - Absorbs 81% of UV light.
Haze 16 - Absorbs 86.5% of UV light
Haze 17 - Absorbs almost all UV light.
UV Wide Angle Thin - UV filter for use with wide angle lenses.
Perfect for use in high altitudes and along bodies of water. Ideal for aerial shots, mountain scenes, and marine scenes.
Filter Thread Size: 62mm