This umbrella with removable cover is a great portable way to really soften or reflect light from a flash or strobe. With the cover in place, easily bounce light. Remove the cover for instant diffusion.
Collapsible for travel.
Westcott has been building umbrellas for over 110 years and were the first to bring the collapsible telescoping shaft to the photo industry. This all-metal shaft collapses down to only 14.5 making it small enough to fit into a backpack or gear bag.
Solid steel insert.
This all-metal framework also offers an all-metal solid steel insert. This insert insures the shaft does not crack or break by tightening down the set screw located on a studio light or speedlight bracket.
The shaft is finished off with a 7mm tapered tip allowing for use in conjunction with many European and specialty lights on the market. Some of these lights have a 7mm catch pin making them difficult to find modifiers that will work with them correctly. Our catch pin insures a perfect fit with almost all of the most popular lights.
No plastic on our products as these tips are constructed of all metal and are finished with an 8-count thread pass providing quality construction and product durability.
The hexagonal design of this umbrella shaft provides 3x the strength of a normal round shaft. Pair this with the solid steel insert, and it's no wonder our umbrella shafts are some of the toughest in the market. Many times once you tighten an umbrella shaft into place, the tightening knob can dent or even split the umbrella shaft. This enhancements eliminate worry and provide the quality you'd expect.
For over 112 years, Westcott has been working with some of the finest fabric mills worldwide. Our fabrics are produced using high quality materials and offer a standard one-year warranty against manufacturers defects.
Nylon travel case.
The included nylon travel case helps protect your umbrella from getting dirty or stained.
BONUS! PVC Case.
In addition, a BONUS PVC style carry case provides for an extra layer of protection from your umbrella getting stained or damaged."
- Warranty: One year against manufacturer defect
- Material: Optical white satin with black nylon removable cover
- Care Instructions: Spot clean with mild (non bleach) soap, air dry.
- Item Arc: 48.0-in. (121.9 cm)
- Item Width (tip to tip): 40.0-in. (101.6 cm)
- Item Length (umbrella shaft to tip): 26.0-in. (66.0 cm)
- Item Weight: 1.0 lbs. (0.4 kg)
- Outer Case Width: 3.5-in. (8.9 cm)
- Outer Case Length: 18.0-in. (45.7 cm)
- Outer Case Depth: 2.2-in. (5.6 cm)
- Frame Material: Solid Steel
- Max Wattage: 500
- Shaft Size: 7 mm tip
- Case Material: Nylon
- Removable Cover: Yes
- Packaged Width: 3.8-in. (9.5 cm)
- Packaged Length: 23.0-in. (58.4 cm)
- Packaged Height: 3.8-in. (9.5 cm)
- Packaged Weight: 1.3 lbs. (0.6 kg)
- (1) 43-in. Optical White Satin with Removable Black Cover-Collapsible