Erin Manning is a professional photographer, teacher and television personality. She helps people understand photography and technology by translating technical mumbo-jumbo into everyday words with a friendly teaching style. Her down-to earth teaching approach makes learning studio lighting fun and easy. She walks you through every step of capturing incredible images all while explaining the dos and don'ts of studio lighting.
Award-winning educational DVD.
This award-winning DVD hosted by Erin features setup, usage and how to get creative with the Home Studio Lighting Kit. Join Erin as she takes a head shot for online profiles, creates a pizza party invitation, captures a play date with 3-year old twins and more.
The uLite is one of the first collapsible softboxes designed to give you the amazing light quality of a traditional style softbox, without the tedious set up. With one simple push, your softbox takes form and locks into place.
Although the uLites are designed to be compact in nature, they project an extremely broad area of light coverage. Basically, you can light a larger area with a smaller box. This is achieved by placing the removable diffusion front flush with the outer edge of the softbox. A simple 2-light setup can properly light up to a 10' x 10' (3.04m) area.
Tons of power.
This amazing kit comes complete with two 85-watt daylight-balanced fluorescent lamps. Daylight is the most flattering and requested light source by both photographers and videographers. This soft and natural lighting will stay cool to the touch and run for more than 8,000 hours at consistent color. 5500-degrees Kelvin (+-/200 degrees)
Ideal for child photography.
The daylight-balanced 85-watt lamps each put out 340 equivalent watts of power making the kit 680 total watts of power. (Based upon Tungsten Halogen Equivalent)
Simple to use.
Due to the cool nature of these lamps, this kit is ideal when working with children or pets as they keep your subjects cool and comfortable.
With constant lighting, what you see is what you get. That makes this kit extremely easy to use as you can visually see exactly where the light patterns are falling (and don't need any additional cumbersome cords or remote triggers). Combine this with the included educational DVD that explains everything you need to know about studio lighting, and you'll be creating professional quality images in no time.
Get on their level.
Unlike most manufacturers, the uLites have undergone extensive testing making them both CE and CSA certified.
Durable light stands.
The uLites each feature a tilter bracket allowing the units to be tilted in a vertical position. This is ideal when photographing babies and children.
- Warranty: One year against manufacturer defect
- Material: Please refer to individual kit components for details
- Care Instructions: Please refer to individual kit components for details
- Soft box width: 20.0-in. (50.8 cm)
- Soft box length: 22.5-in. (57.2 cm)
- Soft box width: 17.0-in. (43.2 cm)
- Length of light stand: 6.5' (2.0 m)
- Leg spread of light stand: 2.3' (0.7 m)
- Collapsed length of light stand: 2.4' (0.7 m)
- Collapsed width of light stand: 3.0-in. (7.6 cm)
- Maximum wattage: 500
- Bulb: Fluorescent (Because CFLs contain a small amount of mercury, we recommend you follow EPA clean-up and disposal guidelines.)
- Equivalent watts: 200
- Color temperature: 5500
- Flicker free: yes
- Lifespan: 8,000 hours +
- Socket Base: Edison
- Boxed width: 4.8-in. (12.2 cm)
- Boxed length: 31.0-in. (78.7 cm)
- Boxed height: 16.5-in. (41.9 cm)
- Boxed weight: 15.1 lb.s(6.8 kg)
- Packaged Width: 20.0-in. (50.8 cm)
- Packaged Length: 7.0-in. (17.8 cm)
- Packaged Height: 38.0-in. (96.5 cm)
- Packaged Weight: 19.0 lbs. (8.6 kg)
- Erin Manning Home Studio Lighting Kit