Designed specifically for the Scrim Jim, this product is perfectly tailored to hold a frame in place.
The inset grove on the clamp secures the Scrim Jim frame into place and the padded rubber makes sure it doesn't move or shift in heavy winds.
The extension arm of the clamp is what fits securely into a grip head. This area is purposely designed with a hexagonal shape in order to prevent the arm from turning in heavy winds.
What else is needed?
The Scrim Jim Clamp is designed to fit into a grip head. Then, the grip head fits onto a light stand. These three pieces work together to ensure that the frame can be tilted and turned into position as needed.
If your frame is 6' x 6' or larger and you are working in high winds, we recommend one clamp for each side of the frame. You can also sand bag your stands for added stability.
To make sure this knob was heavy-duty enough for you, we tested it by dropping it onto concrete from 10' up in the air. This piece will take a lot of abuse.
Free up your assistants.
Through the Scrim Jim Clamp system, frames and fabrics can be set up with no assistance from assistants.
- Warranty: One year against manufacturer defect
- Material: All-metal
- Item Width: 3.0-in. (7.6 cm)
- Item Length: 9.0-in. (22.7 cm)
- Item Depth: 1.3-in. (3.2 cm)
- Item Weight: 1.0 lbs. (0.45 kg)
- Packaged Width: 3.3-in. (8.3 cm)
- Packaged Length: 10.5-in. (26.7 cm)
- Packaged Depth: 2.0-in. (5.1 cm)
- Packaged Width: 12.0-in. (30.5 cm)
- Packaged Length: 12.0-in. (30.5 cm)
- Packaged Height: 12.0-in. (30.5 cm)
- Packaged Weight: 2.0 lbs. (0.91 kg)
- (1) Scrim Jim Clamp