Unparalleled optical performance in a fast and steady telephoto zoom: In the pursuit to achieve the most outstanding image resolution in the 70-300mm class, Tamron's Anniversary lens - the SP AF70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A005) - utilizes an advanced optical design that features an LD (Low Dispersion) and an XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) lens element made from specialized materials that prevent chromatic aberration. As a result, the SP AF70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD (Model A005) boasts sharper contrast and greater descriptive performance than all others in its class. In addition, it is the first Tamron lens sporting a USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), Tamron's very own ultrasonic auto-focus drive mechanism. This USD mechanism delivers fast focusing, making it a perfect telephoto zoom choice for photographing sports, racing, or other fast-moving subjects. The lens also boasts Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization to assist in hand-held photography, not only at long focal length ranges where blurring is common, but also under low-lit conditions, dramatically enhancing photographic freedom. This comnbination of best in class image resolution, Ultrasonic Silent Drive and Vibration Compensation is a new achievement of Tamron technology, culminating in the production of a premium 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens.
- Model: A005
- Lens Construction (Groups/Elements): 12/17
- Angle of View: 34°21ft.-8°15ft.
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 9
- Minimum Aperture: F/32-45
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.5m (59.05 in)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:4 (at f = 300mm: MFD 1.5m)
- Filter Diameter: ø62
- Weight: 765g* (26.98 oz)
- Length*: 142.7mm † (5.61 in)
- Full Length **: 151.1mm †(5.9 in)
- Diameter: 81.5mm (3.21 in)
- Accessory: Flower shaped Lens hood
- Mount: Canon, Nikon, Sony
* Length means the size from the head of the barrel to the flange of the mount.
** Full Length means the size from the head of the barrel to the end of the lens.
† Length and weight values given are for the Nikon mount. Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc., may be changed without prior notice.
†† The Sony mount does not include the VC image stabilization functionality, as the body of Sony digital SLR cameras include image stabilization functionality.