Focusrite’s Clarett OctoPre provides eight specially-designed Clarett mic pres and 24-bit, 192 kHz A-D and D-A conversion that can be used to extend the capabilities of a Clarett interface – or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs. In addition to the mic pres, there are eight channels of D-A conversion providing eight analog outputs. The eight mic pres feature automatic mic/line switching inputs and two front-panel instrument inputs. Designed specifically for the Clarett range, they offer plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion - and great sound quality. They also include a special “Air” feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre, switching the impedance of the preamp to that of the original ISA and enabling a ‘transformer resonance effect’, giving microphone sources the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic pre recording. In addition, the mic pres have plenty of headroom and are ideal for recording drums and other extreme level sources. The front panel instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle high-output pickups, while the rear panel includes universal XLR/jack connectors for the remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. In addition, each input has its own switched insertion point for single-cable connection of compression, equalization and other outboard analog processing - with hard-wired relay bypass, so you can leave outboard gear or a patchbay connected ready to access at the press of a button. The inputs drive eight channels of precision 24-bit Focusrite A-D with 118dB dynamic range and standard sample rates up to 192kHz. Clarett OctoPre also offers D-A conversion (from the ADAT inputs, with 119dB dynamic range) of up to eight channels, making it perfect for mixing as well as tracking. The line outputs can optionally provide line level output feeds from the mic pres – useful for feeding a live console while recording the digital outputs.
- Eight Clarett mic pre amps, eight line outputs, and dual front-panel instrument inputs
- Switchable analogue 'Air' effect that imparts the sonic signature of the classic Focusrite ISA mic pre on each channel
- Focusrite precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion at standard sample rates all the way up to 192 kHz
- Dedicated switched insert points on every channel; Mic preamps optimized to handle extreme levels from sound sources like drums
- Includes Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, and Softube Time & Tone Bundle as a free download upon registration. Focusrite now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Focusrite products.