- Professional photo and 4K video performance in a durable magnesium alloy body
- 20.3MP M4/3 sensor with no low pass filter
- 4K Video: Internal recording at 4K60/50p (4:2:0 8bit) & 4K30/25p/24p (4:2:2 10bit)
- 6K Photo mode captures 18MP photos at 30FPS
- Variable Video Frame Rates 4K: Max. 60fps & FHD: Max. 180fps
- 5-Axis Photo/Video Dual I.S. 2.0 up to 5 stops with compatible LUMIX MFT lenses, plus in-body stabilization support for classic non-O.I.S lenses
- Fast and accurate focusing utilizing LUMIX 480 fps DFD focusing system and Venus Engine 10
- Full size (Type A) HDMI terminal with cable lock included & twin SD Card slots (UHS-II U3 Compatible)
- 3.5mm mic & headphone terminals - optional DMW-XLR1 microphone adaptor
- Eye viewfinder 3680k-dot OLED, 21mm, 0.76x
Panasonic’s flagship Lumix DMC-GH5 4K mirrorless camera is a professional grade camera capable of high resolution imagery like never before. This 20.3mp micro four thirds ILC camera provides you with a compact and powerful platform to capture stunning video and amazing stills. The GH5 can record cinematic video at 4K 60p (4:2:0 8-bit) and 30p using cutting edge 4:2:2 10-bit broadcast quality video output for superior tonality, color range, and post-processing prowess. The GH5 is a full-featured camera with impressive features along with highly accurate DFD focusing, speedy WiFi & Bluetooth, image stabilization, and 6K photo modes.
4K Video Recording
The Lumix GH5 is capable of shooting professional-quality video with internal 4:2:2 10-bit 4k 60p recording. 10-bit video provides you with a higher range of tones and colors, with less color banding than traditional 8-bit. This also allows advanced users extra latitude in post processing, color correction, and grading of images. The GH5 ensures the highest quality 4K video output by using the full sensor to capture video and not cropping down the sensor. This camera eliminates both the rolling shutter effect and the jello effect thanks to its ability to shoot video at high frame rates.
The GH5 also has the capability to record video with dramatic slow motion or quick motion of 4K (60fps max 2.5x slower) or Full HD 1080p (180fps max 7.5x slower) quality.
The GH5 features a full size HDMI port with 10-bit output for external monitors and recorders. The GH5 has a 3.5mm microphone input on the body and an optional microphone accessory (DMW-XLR1) for professional microphones with phantom power and enhanced controls.
Camera Body and Controls
The Lumix GH5 is designed to be taken wherever a photo or video opportunity exists without fear of damage. The rugged magnesium body is sealed on every joint, dial, and button to ensure water/dust can’t infiltrate. The compact GH5 is even freeze proof down to 14°F.
The GH5 offers a stunning view through its OLED live viewfinder with 3.86m dot resolution. The LVF utilizes 0.76x magnification with easily visible image detail, settings, and icons. Review your images on the 3.2” rear mounted LCD with 1.62m dot resolution. The LCD screen is mounted on a hinge allowing you to angle, tilt, and swivel for viewing in any situation. When utilized as a touch screen, menus and settings can easily be navigated/manipulated.
The Lumix GH5 supports the use of dual UHS-II SD cards, allowing you to increase efficiency in your workflow. You can choose to fill each card one by one, save each file on both cards or record certain files to each card for best organization.
20.3 MP Digital Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine Processor
The GH5 utilizes the new 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor paired with the Venus Engine Processor to achieve incredible imagery. The GH5 offers sharper, artifact free images with high dynamic range due to the removal of the low pass filter. The Venus image processor ensures you have maximum color detail with intense brightness and contrast. The GH5 offers three dimension color control and accurate noise reduction to cope with the 25600 high ISO sensitivity.
6K and 4K Photo Burst Modes
The GH5 allows you to shoot unlimited burst in either 6k at 30fps or 4k with 60 or 30fps. The burst modes act similar to taking video with the ability to hand select your favorite frames and save them in either 8 or 18mp format. When you’re unsure of when that special moment will occur, use pre-burst mode, it records 1 second prior to shutter release and 1 second after to ensure you catch the action.
DFD Autofocus System
The Lumix GH5 uses an advanced DFD autofocus system to establish focus at lightning speed allowing 9fps burst shooting with continuous autofocus. The contrast detection focus method used by the GH5 is able to lock onto a subject by its size, color, and movement allowing accurate subject tracking. The GH5 has an astonishing 225 focus points, able to be selected using an intuitive joystick controller. The focus points can be selected individually or in zones to customize the AF.
The GH5 comes equipped with 5-Axis photo and video stabilization, combining sensor-shift stabilization with lens based stabilization. This allows the GH5 to compensate for a broad range of movement while delivering high quality, sharp images, and video. When using an O.I.S. lens you can expect up to 5 stops of camera shake reduction.
Bluetooth and WiFi
The Lumix GH5 comes equipped with WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to use your mobile device as a remote control, capable of controlling shutter, start/stop video recording, and changing settings. A great feature for keeping the camera steady and in position when shooting video or for putting the camera in confined places. The GH5 also has Bluetooth connectivity that allows a constant connection between the camera and mobile devices, offering you features like geolocation and automatic image transfer.
- The Lumix GH5 has some easy to use in-camera post processing features, post focus allows you to change the focus point of an already taken image, focus stacking allows you to combine photos with different focus points for multiple subjects in focus
- The GH5 has rack focus transitions that allow automatic shifts in focus points at a constant speed for precise in-focus to out of focus points
- The GH5 uses a highly durable shutter, tested to 200k shutter releases.
- Creative control and photo style modes
- Approximately 400 shots per charge
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera