- Reduces excessive blue by absorbing almost three quarters of UV light.
- Best general purpose UV control
- Eliminates UV problems from most situations where increased haze tends to wash out color and image clarity
- Protects your camera or camcorder lens against dust, moisture, fingerprints, scratches and damage
- Can be kept on your camera at all times
- Available for Wide Angle lenses
Safeguard your lens and absorb UV light. Film and video are more sensitive to UV light than our eyes are. This often shows up as a bluish cast in images, especially shots from high altitudes and long distances, particularly over water. Ultra Violet filters are available in a variety of UV absorption levels.
Filter Thread Size: 55mm
Tiffen is known for quality filters at reasonable price and this inexpensive protecting filter is a perfect match to my Nikon kit lens. The profile may not be slim enough for very wide angle lenses, but certainly did not cause any noticeable vignetting at the short end of the kit lens zoom (18 mm). This is not a filter with multi-layered coating on the front or both sides of the glass, so there is no interference induced coloration of reflection when you tilt the filter. Perhaps it can handle more of the rough handling you do not want to subject your lenses to. So far there is no apparent image degradation with this filter on but neither is there any visible enhancement in contrast as shown in product slicksheet.